“Great Stay!!(As always with IHG properties!)”

Candlewood Suites Tallahassee
Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My wife and I used this as a base to tour the area. The room was a little smaller than appeared in the hotel photos but we managed. We did bring our bikes and were a little cramped for space,but overall it was a great stay. The staff was VERY cordial and helpful. Was a good location for us to use our bikes as we did the old Tallahassee-St. Marks bike path and a few other paths and trails in the area.
The lighting in the halls could've been a wee bit brighter but it was adequate.The room was quiet seeing that I-10 was about 1/4 a mile away. The kitchen was a plus,seeing we made lunches there and an evening meal one of the nights we stayed.
We will stay here again while in the area.This, by far, is the best hotel for the money in Tallahassee unless you have a money tree in the back yard!!!!

Room Tip: Don't purchase from the pantry,costs are ridiculous. Go to WalMart or Dollar General store for s...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed here a year ago and was quite impressed, and was looking forward to returning. However, there were several problems with my stay this year. First of all, I made a room request in advance, which I was told there "would be no problem" honoring. But, when I arrived, I was told the front desk clerk in question, Taylor, had failed to write the information concerning my request in the proper area, so, my room was given to someone who checked in just before I did. I eventually got a room, which was quite nice, but, it was in the center of the hall (I had requested a quiet room) and there were groups of middle school students hanging out in the hall, outside my door, until all hours, I contacted the front desk and they failed to remedy the problem. Also, the smoke alarm in my room malfunctioned and began to flash red during the night, keeping me awake, the front desk clerk came up but could not fix it. I was told it would be fixed the next day, but, it was not, despite my calling down about it twice. So, I was left with a flashing red light on the ceiling and the smoke alarm hanging off of the ceiling for the remainder of my stay. When I got home, I emailed customer service and was told the hotel mgr would contact me with 48 hours, that time frame has passed and I am still waiting....A much less pleasant experience than my stay last year. It seems as if there are some problems with the management/staff and what was previously an excellent property is now just average at best.

Room Tip: Make sure the front desk clerk properly notes any advance requests you make.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank lj9972016
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Dear lj997,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. We are also very sorry for the room conditions you received. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again, and are glad you were able to get this situation resolved with our Guest Relations office. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,
Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I chose this hotel for a one night business stay based on other reviews on Tripadvisor. It seems that most of the hotels in the area have little to offer. This hotel is in a great location, not too close to the FSU campus. However, the hotel seemed a little dingy. The bed was comfortable and furniture seemed to be in good shape. However, the room did not seem to be cleaned very well. Also, when I requested extra pillows for my bed, I was told that they did not have any extar pillows at all.....just enought to supply the rooms. This isnt a big deal, just seemed a little odd and the first time I have ever received that response. I do have to say that it is always nice having the in-suite kitchen available to you when you stay at Candlewood Suites. I would stay at this property again and just hope for a more tidy room. I will definitely explore other options in the area as well.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank chuckcmcn
IHGCare, ihgcare at Candlewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2012

Dear Chuckmcn,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Great hotel if you are looking to beef up your Priority Rewards in a Tallahassee stay! It is very hard to find a descent hotel in this college town... Even the Double Tree downtown Tallahassee leaves quite a bit to be desired... This Candlewood is pretty new, still very clean and tucked away off the main road. There is a highway close-by, but you can't hear the traffic from inside the hotel. The outdoor pool is a bit small, but then again, for a one or two night stay, who cares? I will definitely stay here again on my FSU weekends!

Room Tip: Go for the high floors.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DragonStormArt
Reviewed February 5, 2012

This was our first experiece with Candlewood Suites - what a great experience! The room was newer & beautiful. Nice size - kitchenette & bath with beautiful cabinets & granite. Spotless. Beautiful linens, very comfortable bed... Really nice location. Very nice staff. We had our little pup with us - worked great. I will always check for Candlewood Suites from now on.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I travel frequently to Tallahassee on business and have stayed at a number of local hotels or with friends. I like the Aloft but Candlewood is now my "go to" hotel. The only minor problem (which was easily corrected) is that my colleague was charged less for his room than mine; which will be an issue when we submit our travel vouchers. This was rectified easily by Detroit, a standout employee mentioned in other reviews. There is a reason an employee keeps getting singled out and hopefully the management will take notice. My room is a perfectly proportioned room with a king sized bed, a full sized refrigerator, two burner glass top stove and dishwasher. The bathroom is a good size with a curved shower curtain and make-up removal towelettes. This hotel is less than 2 years old and very comfortable. You don't get the free breakfast and cocktail hour offered by others, as it is an extended stay hotel. You do get free wi-fi (you receive a password that expires upon check-out) but you don't get daily the maid service (if needed, you can request service or switch out towles at the desk). Kind of funny walking into a hotel room to see the bed not in perfect shape, but I will return on business or pleasure. This hotel even take pets, but I haven't seen any. You're not far from Publix (our big chain supermarket in Florida; with stores located either North of I-10 or further South on N Monroe St) or Walmart (North of I-10). There are plenty of restaurants nearby and I recommend either Bella Bella (South on North Monroe St) or Shula's Steakhouse in the Hotel Duval. Otherwise, there's a Cracker Barrel across Monroe St or a Five Guys on Thomasville Rd and the hotel has a small book with lots of recommendations. I don't cook when I travel on business but it's nice to have the full sized fridge to accommodate left overs. There are no ice machines on premises, so you have to remember to turn on the ice maker in your room refrigerator (but turn it off when you're sleeping unless the sound won't bother you). I didn't have any issues regarding room, water, a/c or anything else and there is plenty of parking; especially for all those big work trucks. If you're going to be in Tally for any reason, this would be a very comfortable place to stay on business or for pleasure; I highly recommend it, as I am not easily impressed.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2012

This is our second GREAT eperience with Candlewood Suites. My husband and I and our 2 small cats stayed for only one night but we loved it. I was not feeling too well as I was coming down with a bad cold and the comfort of having a full kitchen for my hot soups and tea was nice. The bed was great and comfy. The staff was very nice and accommodating. I will be looking for more Candlewoods on my trips.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family