“I would stay again”

Ranked #3 of 4 Tallahassee B&B and Inns
Albany, Georgia
“I would stay again”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

You can't judge this place strictly on it's looks, or you may just pass it up. The hotel reminds me of a place out of the 1950's, but it is very well kept. The owner of the property was real nice. We had some car trouble with 1 of 2 cars driven there. It blew a head gasket and could not be moved for about 4 days. We explained the situation to the owner and explained that I would have to drive back up to Georgia to get the title to salvage the car (this was after we went out and bought another car, so we had 3 total on his lot). The owner was ok with our situation and even offered to help us in any way he can. It was a Friday night and I offered to move the truck out back so not to take up what little space he had in the lot, and the owner told me not to worry about it. I stayed here with my husband for 3 nights 4 days, and he continued to stay for the remaining week, while trying to find an apartment. We never had any issues here at all.

The rooms themselves are kept very clean as well as the bathroom. It's a little tight for 2 people but it was cozy. Not a lot of noise other than the highway, but I assume if you have a room not next to the road you probably would not hear the semi trucks rolling past every once in a while. For a Friday night it was a lot quieter than I would expect at ANY hotel. If you are looking for a basic hotel (nothing fancy) just a good night's sleep without breaking the bank, this is a great place!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CathyH31705

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Isle of Wight
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Pleased with our stay at this motel.
You would not expect luxury at these rates, and the facilities were quite simple, but if you are looking for something that is clean and and straightforward we would recommend this motel. Decoration and furnishings were either new or in good order, our bed was new I think. VERY very clean, and better than others that we have paid more for. Friendly and helpful owner.
Good central location.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank IOWTraveller7911
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tallahassee
Wakulla Springs Lodge
Red Roof Inn Tallahassee
#16 of 58 in Tallahassee
Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District
Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn

Been to El Camino Motel? Share your experiences!