“Perfect”

Shula's 347 Grill - Tallahassee
Reserve with OpenTable
Shula's 347 Grill - Tallahassee is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 859 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Virginia
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and son had dinner. We had calamari fries...perfect tender and crispy.. my son had the new York strip which was cooked to perfection, served with mashed potatoes and asparagus my husband and I had burgers and shared a mozzarella salad...my burger was a little dry but maybe because I order my hamburg always well done. The steak fries were perfect..the prices are typical of a steak house I don't k I w why people complain about being pricy ...if you ever been to a steak house you should know what to expect....the he decor is very tasteful all though I wo u la he preferred the ha e the curtains open and k et the natural light in I b thought it was a bit dark. Our server, Randy was efficient, friendly and knowledgeable. .we will definitely be going back S our son will be at FSU for 4 years

John M, Manager at Shula's 347 Grill - Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

rosalia63-

Your review is full of kind words and we thank you very much for taking the time to share. You mentioned that you really enjoyed the food, service, and the atmosphere.

We also love it when the curtains are open but unfortunately we tend to upset alot of guests when we open them before the sun is down. During fall we usually get them open by 6pm as the sun sets much earlier.

You mentioned that you will be coming back to visit over the next 4 years, we are going to open up for lunch in September so we look forward to serving lunch or dinner during your visits.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Reservations were made in advance for family and friends to celebrate a momentous occasion, Graduation from Nursing School. However, more unexpected 'surprise' guests attended the dinner than we had reservations for. Management would not accommodate the unexpected out-of-towners which was very disappointing. Some guests had to sit elsewhere in the restaurant, not with the celebrant. The food was just 'OK' but the prices were exorbitant. Service was slow. It is not likely that I will go back there when visiting Tallahassee.

John M, Manager at Shula's 347 Grill - Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

TravelAgent7174-

I am very sorry to hear that we could not accommadate the unexpected guests that arrived to join your celebration. I apologize for the inconvenience as that time of year is extremely busy with all of the graduation activities going on around town and Shula's is not a very large restaurant.

We would love to have you back to show you the experience that we are really capable of providing. Please contact me for a reservation at the email address listed below next time your in town. I will personally make sure that you have a great time and leave with a much different opinion of us.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We went in relatively late for dinner, 9ish, without reservations and were able to be seated which was nice. It was the typical steak house experience. The food was good but nothing special. For the price I would have expected something special and this definitely wasn't. The service was good.

John M, Manager at Shula's 347 Grill - Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Elizabeth M-

We thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your experience. I apologize to you for falling short of your expectations as that is never our intention.

Our goal every night is to provide an exceptional experience and try our best to make everyone feel special. I hope you will accept our apology and if you would like to discuss further please reach out to me at the address below.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

If you would like a fancy night out, go for Shula's. It is really too expensive as a regular place to eat. Most of the time the steaks are good, but occasionally they are not. The service also can be very good, but sometimes not. Sometimes the food comes out in a timely manner, sometimes you have a long wait. If you go on a night that isn't too busy and you get a good cut of steak, you will be glad you went. But often, you leave feeling that you did not get your money's worth. It is a hit and miss experience, but when it's good, it's very good. My grade gives them the benefit of a good night.

1  Thank Alice32308
John M, Manager at Shula's 347 Grill - Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Alice32308-

Thank you for making us your restaurant of choice when it comes to special occasions. We really try our best to provide great food and great service as consistently as possible. I do apologize to you for not being more consistant when you have visited.

If you would like to email me your contact information I could put some notes on your profile in our reservation system that would eliminate the inconsistencies that you have experienced.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've been here for several "special" occasions and every time the wait staff is exceptional to catering to needs and food quality has never been an issue. The deserts are always worth saving room for!

Honest R-

Thank you for the kind words, and yes it is a good idea to save room for a taste of the desert list.
I am happy to hear we have provided you with great food and great service on all of your visits which is what our goal is.