“The Best Crab Cake of my Life”

Shula's 347 Grill - Tallahassee
Reserve with OpenTable
Shula's 347 Grill - Tallahassee is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 846 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Virginia
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Went to Shula's because my grandparents came to town. The steaks are top notch,melt in your mouth goodness. Although the side dishes are pricey, they're also superb and the sauces are a perfect complement to the steaks. It's on the upscale side of the dollar for Tallahassee, but it's worth every penny. A dinner like this in bigger cities will cost you double for the same quality. The crab cakes were the best crab dish I've ever had in my life. The server's are on point, attentive friendly and knowledgeable. I challenge you to try and stump them with a question on the wine list. I'd recommend to anyone that's looking to have a great tasting meal or a special occasion. I'm going back with my girlfriend to celebrate a birthday this week.

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service and friendly staff. Great food and drinks. A perfect place to celebrate our daughters graduation from FSU.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My biggest complaint about this place was the noise - we sat at a table and could not hold a conversation - it was so loud. I was hoping for a Ruth's Chris type of experience - but my steak was so so, - my "medium" involves pink and theirs does not. Where was the bread? I expected a nice basket of artisan bread; no bread. I will say that the wine servings were generous - but for $15, they should be. It was a busy evening; perhaps on a weeknight, the experience would be better.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We went after FSU Graduation. The place was packed. The service was outstanding. The food absolutely delicious. Our steaks were cooked perfectly. I didn't need a steak knife for my fillet. It was so tender. The sides were all fabulous. Make sure to try the Fried Ravioli, & Scallops for appetizers for the table to share. The best dinner I've had in Tallahassee by far!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Went with my wife for our 30th Anniversary; we made a reservation on-line and received a couple of reminders over the next week or two. Upon arriving, we were fairly promptly seated in one of the rooms with 4 other tables.The room was rather minimalist in design, but quite pleasant, with pictures of various sports-related folks on the walls. The seats at the tables were very comfortable.

Our waitress was very pleasant and friendly, taking the time to explain the specials and options. Both of us got steaks with salads and other sides. Some bread or rolls would have been nice, but are apparently not offered.

My wife's steak, the 8 oz. filet, was brought with a bernaise sauce and, as with my Kansas City Strip steak, was done perfectly. We were requested to cut into the steak by the server so that we could insure they were done to our satisfaction (which is a nice touch). Both of us had a seasonal vegetable mix of carrots, yellow squash and collard greens, probably braised with balsamic vinegar and it was quite good.

My steak was quite good and came with an extremely well-prepared baked potato. I requested a red onion jam with the steak; the jam, made with balsamic vinegar, was excellent and a good foil for the steak.

We both wanted creme brulee from the menu for dessert, but were too full to have it then; our server arranged to have ours brought up to our room a few minutes later. Each creme brulee was exactly what we thought they would be and were delicious.

It's an expensive meal (ours, with water to drink) was around $150.00 with our tip) but well worth it.

1  Thank CheckMan