“My first Cuban restaurant!”
Review of Habana's Boardwalk

Habana's Boardwalk
Ranked #127 of 804 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Cuban
Meridian, Idaho
“My first Cuban restaurant!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Habana's Boardwalk offered us friendly, informed service; clean and comfortable seating; reasonable prices; and four delightful meals! I did not know that I would LOVE Cuban food, but Habana's has made me a fan!

• Visited May 2013

Tallahassee, Florida
“Dry and not hot”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I must say I was expecting the Latin taste that evening. However, I ordered the Lomo Saltado which was very dry and not very hot. My wife ordered the carnitas which was very fatty and the plantains were very very dry. I was very disappointed and I hope you improve with my critique.

I felt the food was not prepared fresh and only to be warmed up during the evening; not a good process to serve premium food.

One more thing, the server asked me if I liked the food; I could not bring myself to say anything except " it was ok". I was with my wife and I could not make her feel badly with what I really wanted to say.

Best regards,

• Visited April 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
“Pretty Good Cuban Food”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This restaurant has very good service, and a fairly broad menu. The daily specials can almost always be found on the menu. The Ropa Vieja and the maduros are as good as you will find anyehere. The cuban sandwich (and its twin, the media noche) are good but since the sandwich itself is pretty uninspired, it is a bit boring by definition. This is not the fault of the restaurant since it really is a pretty good version of the sandwich. Where the restaurant shines, however, is in making platter-type dishes (e.g. puerco asado, ropa vieca). The ingredients are fresh and the restaurant is very clean. It is most certainly locally owned, and this is a plus for me. I think the owners had a Peruvian restaurant just off of Appalachee Parkway which, in my opinion, had a slightly better menu. It is not really inexpensive (not expensive either), but a very good value for the buck. By far the best cuban cuisine in Tallahassee, and would not be looked down upon in Miami or Tampa, either, where there is more competition.

• Visited November 2012
Tallahassee, FL
“Authentic and delicious!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Always love the food. It's the best cuban you can get in Tallahassee. Especially love the Ropa Veija and Puerco Asado. Consistently good food every time.

Visited August 2012
St. Augustine, Florida
“Some of the best Cuban in town”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We eat lunch here very often. Never had a bad meal. Has great sweet plantains and fried yucca. The service is great, but go early, 11 or 11:30. Popular place always fill up fast. Once the place is packed, it takes a while to get you food from the kitchen, which can be overwhelm when busy. The sandwiches are great and the chicken superb for a Cuban place.

• Visited March 2012