“Decent shrimp”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Had broiled shrimp last time I went and tasted fine for the price. They are very quick too.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

My friends and I decided to give this place a try while we were visiting for business. It is located in a strip mall. You order at the counter and they bring your food to the table. The fried pickles were a waste of money. Too thin to taste any pickle. The bacon wrapped shrimp were very small and the bacon was too crisp. My friends had the special which consisted of crabcake, fish and shrimp. they loved the cheese grits. They all said that their entree was very good. Both broiled and fried. The cost was average. The atmosphere was that of a fast food joint.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

I visited the "newest" Wharf Express off Kerry Forest Parkway on 1/11/2011. Their new location is bright and clean. You order and pay at the counter and they bring the food out to you. I ordered fried shrimp with fries and cheese grits. Unfortunately, the fries were the best part of the meal. The shrimp (which I swear were previously frozen) were swimming in grease on my plastic plate. The cheese grits were ok but not the best. The service was friendly and fast though. I wouldn't go back; better food and prices from Captain D's.

joejacTallahassee, Owner at Wharf Express, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

I am very sorry for your experience at the Kerry Forest location. Please give me a call to discuss your experience. I am the owner of the Magnolia location, all locations are individually owned. I assure you we strive to serve you the best product for the best price. My name is Joey and my cell phone is 850-294-3705 and I would love the opportunity to speak with you. Thank you in advance and look forward to speaking with you.

Joey Costanzo
Wharf Express, Magnolia location
Owner

Reviewed December 7, 2011

Don't go. Really.

The service was terrible. A employee actually argued with a customer and stormed out crying.

The time to prepare the meal, you'd think the left to catch the fish.

Place smells like a fryer.

Just one of those places where you pay the bill, and on the tip line you write "close down"

Reviewed November 21, 2011

passing through Tallahassee we pulled off I-10 for some good food at their new location
The Wharf Express North Monroe
3813 North Monroe Street
Winn Dixie Shopping Center
It was a great stop. My fried shrimp and green beans were great! Wee platter. Others in my group had oyster po boy, Mahi po boy, kids meal - all fried. Adjacent property a nice place to walk dog. Don't let the strip shopping center turn you off. The food is good and the service was great