“tried it twice and won't go back”
Review of 101 Restaurant - CLOSED

101 Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bronough
Transit: Public transportation is available through Tallahassee's Star Metro Bus System.
Description: Situated in the heart of downtown Tallahassee’s Kleman Plaza, 101 Restaurant combines southern hospitality with big city style. 101 Restaurant has been a staple for downtown diners over the years, just steps away from the Capitol and a few blocks from the Florida State University campus.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Went there twice for lunch. It was nice and quite and I soon found out why. The restaurant looks like a nice upscale restaurant and the menu is priced that way, but I had seen on their web page that they had a lunch special. The first time I ordered I found out that they don't provide you with a lunch menu but just tell you that the burgers, pasta and salads are 8.99, but then they turn around to say that some of those items are not discounted. The first time I ordered the Chicken Artichoke Bowtie. It came out in a large bowl, but with very little chicken. I could not find the sun-dried tomatoes, crimini mushrooms or artichoke hearts that were advertised to come as part of the pasta dish. But I thought I would try them again. The next time I ordered the Shrimp Scampi which had only four regular size shrimps and again I could not find the crimini mushrooms, red onion but did notice a "few" green spinach leaves. If you like pasta, they do provide you with a big bowl of pasta but little else.

1  Thank Grant G
Adam C, Owner at 101 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectation on the food and I have visited with my staff on this to make certain that are dishes are prepared the same way, with the same quality ingredients, every time. From time to time we don't always do it right and in your case it sounds like we goofed. Please let me know if you want to come back and try again. My email is acorey@101tally.com. I know we can change your mind.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were there for a business lunch on a Friday. We were all exhausted after traveling and meetings and were welcomed. Although not very busy, the food did take a while to come out. Our server brought out a barbecue flatbread pizza to appease us: very crispy bottom, with just a slightly barbecuy flavor to the chicken and just a bit of cheese. Very good flatbread.

Lunch specials were $8.99: all pizzas, pastas, salads and some burgers. Lots of options. That's a good deal - considering quality of food and portions. Shrimp scampi was garlicky and buttery, served with a slice of lemon to add acidity. Salads looked OK.

What there was of a crowd seemed to be local business types. At least at night, there was music for the patio seating (guitar busker type with the requisite electronic pre-recorded backing drums and accompaniment).

Reviewed August 31, 2013

A group of us on a recent business trip ate hear based on the recommendation of our hotel. It was a busy hangout with a younger crowd. The menu was big with options for all tastes and budgets. The food was good - not great.

Although we ate inside, there were lots of tables outside.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We held a wedding reception at 101 Mint Lounge ; the staff and venue made it so easy. The event coordinator, Mae, was so helpful throughout the whole process, patiently answering all our questions, making sure everything was just as we wanted it. This was truly all in one service; the food was awesome--heavy horsdouerves, bar, desserts, everything we wanted without all the headaches of having to contract with separate caterers, bartenders,table rental, etc. They took care of everything...we showed up, decorated and had a wonderful time. The staff of 101 took care of everything else...from set up to clean up.

We would definitely recommend 101 for special events and for great food. a big plus is the location downtown and parking in Kleman Plaza.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My staff and I love 101! We send the guests from our hotel there all the time, we order out, and we go there after work. The buffalo chicken pizza and thai baisil chicken strips are two of my favorite meals of all time. I also love their champagne-tinis and the white sangria. The service there is impeccable- from Megan our server to Andrew at the bar- they were attentive to all of our requests. They gave us great suggestions on what to eat and drink and were very well versed on the menu and liquor options.