“Not bad at all”

101 Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bronough
Transit: Public transportation is available through Tallahassee's Star Metro Bus System.
Description: Situated in the heart of downtown Tallahassee’s Kleman Plaza, 101 Restaurant combines southern hospitality with big city style. 101 Restaurant has been a staple for downtown diners over the years, just steps away from the Capitol and a few blocks from the Florida State University campus.
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Not bad at all”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stopped in with a few friends. Enjoyed the food, drinks and atmosphere. The drink prices are not bad at all!! You must try the apple martini. The good thing is that it is only $4.00.

• Visited December 2012

Austin, Texas
“Nice place”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Was recommended 101 from the front desk clerk at the hotel I was staying at. There seemed to be nobody out while I was walking to restaurant but once I stepped in the place was hopping. The beer selection was great and the food was good. I had the seared tuna which I really enjoyed. My co-worker got a couple tapas (small plates) and wasn't thrilled by them. Overall I was impressed and would go again.

Visited December 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good appetizers but not tapas size”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The appetizers and entrees in 101 are delicious. I came here with 3 coworkers and we ordered different plates. My only complain is that the appetizers plates are not tapas size, in other words, they were bigger than expected, however we ate it all because it was delicious. They have a wonderful Happy Hour! A great place to go with friends. Service was cordial and fast.

• Visited November 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Drinking Spot”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I went here to grab some drinks and it was a great chis place to have cocktails. I didn't eat any of the food, but the cocktails were great. They also have a happy hour.

Visited May 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Slow Service, Average Food”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

On the on set, I do give the caveat that we had a large group of about 10, however it was on a Sunday night and the restaurant was not busy. In short, our service was terrible. Ridiculously slow. Our drinks took forever. Our food took forever. When our food did come, it did not come all at once. Two of us ordered quesadilla, which came out burnt. By the time, my food came, I was actually no longer hungry and asked for them to just box it. Upon arriving home, my quesadilla was also burnt. The one man whose quesadilla was burnt was too polite to say anything but someone else at the table did speak up. The quesadilla was sent back and when it returned was still burnt. After we had received our food, I asked to speak to a manager to let him know about the poor service. He actually explained the poor service by stating they only had one oven and implied their kitchen was not equipped for big groups. Even after complaining about the incredibly slow service, it still took forever to get our check.

I would strongly not recommend this restaurant for large groups who want to eat in a timely manner.

• Visited October 2012