“Great Drinking Spot”

101 Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bronough
Transit: Public transportation is available through Tallahassee's Star Metro Bus System.
Description: Situated in the heart of downtown Tallahassee’s Kleman Plaza, 101 Restaurant combines southern hospitality with big city style. 101 Restaurant has been a staple for downtown diners over the years, just steps away from the Capitol and a few blocks from the Florida State University campus.
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I went here to grab some drinks and it was a great chis place to have cocktails. I didn't eat any of the food, but the cocktails were great. They also have a happy hour.

There are newer reviews for 101 Restaurant

Reviewed October 16, 2012

On the on set, I do give the caveat that we had a large group of about 10, however it was on a Sunday night and the restaurant was not busy. In short, our service was terrible. Ridiculously slow. Our drinks took forever. Our food took forever. When our food did come, it did not come all at once. Two of us ordered quesadilla, which came out burnt. By the time, my food came, I was actually no longer hungry and asked for them to just box it. Upon arriving home, my quesadilla was also burnt. The one man whose quesadilla was burnt was too polite to say anything but someone else at the table did speak up. The quesadilla was sent back and when it returned was still burnt. After we had received our food, I asked to speak to a manager to let him know about the poor service. He actually explained the poor service by stating they only had one oven and implied their kitchen was not equipped for big groups. Even after complaining about the incredibly slow service, it still took forever to get our check.

I would strongly not recommend this restaurant for large groups who want to eat in a timely manner.

1  Thank Sarahfinn54
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The food is good, but the service leaves something to be desired. When our party arrived the hostess told us we'd have to wait an hour before we'd get a table. We decided to wait, during the time we waited smaller parties that came in after we did were being seated because they were "waiting for two tables to open up next to each other". We ended up waiting over an hour and a half to be seated. I would say this is not the place to go with a party of more than 4. Food's decent and the ambiance is nice but the hostess service sort of ruined the experience for me.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The website advertises a Monday New York strip special at lunch. Several us made the trek to Tallahassee to try it. The place was nearly empty, which didn't bode well for the food. Then the server told us there was no New York strip special and hadn't been for several weeks. We went else where for lunch. A friend notified the restaurant of the misleading website. Later in the week, we checked and the website was still advertising the New York strip lunch special. Not the kind of people I want to do business with.

5  Thank Maggie D
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Party of two.... Took about 20 min to get the appetizer out which was pretty good, the salmon nuggets.... Took about 30 min for our dinner to come out. In between not once did the waitress come by and say, your food will me out shortly or... We are backed up sorry for the wait.. the beef tips weren't anything spectacular like I expected they would... And then my drink ran out... I was done with dinner (that I barely ate ) when another waitress came to fill it. Not a good look... I will probably choose another restaurant over here next time... Nothing about the food made me want more...