“Best value in tallahassee”
Review of 101 Restaurant - CLOSED

101 Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bronough
Transit: Public transportation is available through Tallahassee's Star Metro Bus System.
Description: Situated in the heart of downtown Tallahassee’s Kleman Plaza, 101 Restaurant combines southern hospitality with big city style. 101 Restaurant has been a staple for downtown diners over the years, just steps away from the Capitol and a few blocks from the Florida State University campus.
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Dining at 101 is a great overall experience. The service is crisp and attentive. The menu offers a nice variety of well prepared dishes and the atmosphere is upscale while the prices are very reasonable. We enjoy dining here with friends before or after FSU basketball games. We love the generous happy hours and the small plates menu.

There are newer reviews for 101 Restaurant

Reviewed January 12, 2012

A great place to take a date.. Nice atmosphere good food and great prices.. I will definitely come back.. And our waiter CJ was the best..

1  Thank Limomike
Reviewed January 9, 2012

In the past, I've spent a lot of time at 101, because it had a nice atmosphere. I won't be going back anymore after tonight, because of Nick Carpenter, the general manager.

He was incredibly disrespectful to our waitress, and he was unintentionally very insulting to myself and my girlfriend. During Happy Hour, I ordered a martini and a Guinness for myself, and my girlfriend ordered a glass of wine and a Guinness for herself. We had already eaten a meal and had previous drinks. Moreover, we were planning to order more drinks, as we had chosen 101 to watch the Alabama LSU game.

Apparently, our order was a violation of Happy Hour company policy, even though I've been coming to 101 for several years and never had an issue. He proceeded to be visibly and highly disrespectful to our waitress, which I find to be completely unacceptable. Our waitress, nor does any lady, deserve to be treated with such disrespect, by a boss or otherwise. For that alone, I will not frequent 101 again.

Secondly, he came up and stated that although we were abusing their policy, he was willing to make a one-time exception but that we would not be allowed to abuse the policy in the future. I believe he was only being unintentionally offensive and not choosing his words well, but in the end, it really doesn't matter.

I informed him that I did not appreciate how he treated our waitress, that I had ordered in such a way for the past couple years and never had an issue, and that I had spent over a thousand dollars at 101 (probably closer to two thousand). I told him that because of how he treated our waitress, and because of the disrespect to us I would never be coming back. He simply said that's fine.

Thanks for ruining my night out with my girlfriend and the game Nick. I hope disrespecting a lady, insulting good customers, and having to pour out two Guinnesses, a Grey Goose martini, and a glass of La Crema because I wouldn't accept your arrogance was worth it.

3  Thank jonkeee
Reviewed December 30, 2011

The food is excellent. Spinach dip, macaroni & cheese with various toppings... I think I had a steak appetizer last time I was there and it was quite tasty. They have $5 drink specials. Very hip happy hour hang out with a good crowd in the evenings.

Reviewed December 25, 2011

We had dinner here recently during the weekend of my daughter's graduation. We found the food to be very good not overly priced and the atmosphere had a nice vibe for Tallahassee.

I recommend the steak salad and their winter sangria is pretty tasty as well.