“Raw meatloaf. No apologies.”
Review of Ray's Steel City Saloon - CLOSED

Ray's Steel City Saloon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

We had dinner here tonight. My husband had a good burger and onion rings. I ordered the meatloaf after asking the waitress if their meatloaf is well done or mushy. She assured me it would be well cooked. When the meatloaf arrived, it was absolutely RAW in the middle. I let our waitress know and all she said was "that's strange." No offer to cook it extra or replace with another selection. Bad service in my opinion.
We may eat here again but will not order the meatloaf.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Ray's Steel City is right near the Mall. If your looking for craft drafts and good burgers this is the place. We dropped in Monday night, after travelling all day. It was dark and quiet, laid back, yet service was great. The draft selection is good, with selections rotating so there's new craft brews to try - not just the usual Bud package. The burgers and fries are great, cooked as ordered, and as complex as you like. The kitchen does a really good job.
Our last night in TLH we decided we couldn't leave without one more stop at Ray's - a good way to end our TLH visit.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We love to eat here.. Ask A man at the bar, why he is here and he will say,"food is great"

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We want to Ray's tonight after a movie. We planned to have a couple drinks and an appetizer. I asked for a draft beer. The bartender said she would check to see if there was any left. She pulled the draft and spilled purple beer all over my boyfriends arms, shirt, and shorts. The beer was so dark that it stained. She offered us "soda water" to help. The owner (Ray) was aware of the entire situation, and just said "oh yea, that beer is empty." The bartender was completely rude through out service. We ordered the flat bread with meat, and I am not sure why they call it a flat bread -- it is basically a whole bunch of meat (that I am not even sure was fully cooked) loaded on a deli flat.

This was the WORST dining experience we have ever had in Tallahassee (both service and meal). When we got our bill, she did not even offer to comp a beer for ruining my boyfriends pants.

We will never go back.

2  Thank vandongecm
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We've been to Ray's several times. The first time, several years ago, I was not impressed and we didn't go back for a couple of years. Since then, we've enjoyed great meals. The food has been excellent, although the wait staff is spotty...some are very good and some so-so. Their Reuben is awesome. A steak was one of the best I've had in Tallahassee. And, believe it or not, their BLT is wonderful.