Not real close to the highway but a great proximity to the Capitol and FSU. In fact if when you pull out of the parking lot into Apalachee Pkwy, your windshield is filled with view of the Capitol Buildings both old and new. Some retail just across the way and several dining options like Ghengis Grill, Chili's, and Applebee's just a few blocks away.
Our room was very clean and comfortable for two adults and two kids. There was a nice little desk in the room for the wife to work on her road trip blog while the kids played in the floor and on the couch. The kids hardly moved a bit while sharing the sofa bed and while I'm not sure a big guy like me would have gotten anything but a sore rib cage on that thing, I slept fine on the king size bed. I imagine the folks in the room below us probably thought the ceiling was going to cave in a time or two, but we never heard a sound from anyone around us.
The staff were all very friendly and the service was very good. When we arrived the Internet was not working. I called the front desk and they were already working on it. They had it back up about half an hour later and the signal was fairly strong throughout the rest of our stay. They do not store linens for the sofa bed in the room but were happy to bring some up to us at our request. The front desk attendant must have sprinted up the three flights stairs to our room because I had barely hung up the phone before he knocked on the door.
I took the kids swimming for about 20 minutes and the pool seemed to be up to their standards for such. The continental breakfast was good with such offerings as scrambled eggs, bacon, cook your own waffles, and a variety of breads, cereals, milk and juices.
It's definitely worth the 7 mile drive from I-10 into the heart of town, to stay at this Comfort Suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently Renovated. The Comfort Suites® hotel is centrally located in the heart of Tallahassee. The hotel is within minutes of the Florida State Capital, Florida State University, Florida A&M University, the Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, the Tallahassee-Leon County Civic Center, Governor's Square mall and other downtown attractions. The Tallahassee Regional Airport is eight miles from the hotel. Additional area attractions and businesses include federal and state courthouses, and the Turnbull Florida State Conference Center. There are also golf courses, theaters and a variety of restaurants and lounges near the hotel. The hotel has many wonderful features and amenities, including:- Free wired and wireless high-speed Internet access- Free hot breakfast buffet- Free local calls- Free weekday newspaper- Free coffee in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Tallahassee
- Comfort Suites Tallahassee
- Tallahassee Comfort Suites