“Quiet affordable hotel.”

SpringHill Suites Tallahassee Central
Ranked #14 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We stopped at the SHS on our way down I10 to Disney. There were 2 double beds and a pull away! Great stop over hotel! Hotel was clean, breakfast was good. The best part was how quiet it was! We did not hear a sound all night. If we are through Tallahassee again this will be a must stop.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Wes F
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Tallahassee Central

Reviewed June 24, 2014

As with other Springhill properties I've stayed at this is a very clean hotel. Rooms are quite spacious, with separate sitting area. Breakfast much better than your average included hotel breakfast. Everything is laid out very well, Springhill has definitely become a favorite. The only difference in this hotel is that it is starting to show some signs of wear and tear on carpets, wall corners, furniture and so on. Not that this makes it a bad experience, but it is noticeable, and should be addressed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Arnt78
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Came for a football game with family & friends. I have stayed at Springhill Suites in a few different cities - they don't disappoint. The *only* issue with this one was that we were in room 120, which backs up to the kitchen they use for breakfast. And at 6AM I was awakened by a conversation between the breakfast staff. The headboards of the beds were up against the wall shared with the kitchen and I could hear every word they said (and they were speaking at a normal level).

Room Tip: Room 120 is not the best choice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank go_jackets
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Super clean room (202). Really liked the large desk in the room. Great work area. Our room had a microwave, coffee pot, fridge, iron , large closet for our clothes, plenty of towels, large comfortable bed and the room was very modern in furnishings. One plus was the shower is in a separate room from bathroom, both had sinks. This made is easier for both of us to get ready at the same time. We REALLY enjoy the breakfast buffet. Coffee, tea, juices, oatmeal, fruit both dry and fresh, rolls, cereals even kashi, lowfat milk, eggs, different types of cheese, sliced ham, I really enjoyed the organic agave syrup so I didn't have to use white sugar.
All of the staff ,were so very helpful and friendly. THANK YOU!

Only one draw back, our room was near the stairwell. So we heard every slam of the door till around 10pm after that all was peaceful. Also bring your own pillows. Those provided in our room were very flat. It took 3 stack on top of each other to be comfortable.

Room Tip: Room 202 was very clean but near stairwell. You can hear the door slam ,very loud.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Very nice hotel, comfortable beds, quiet and our room had all the amenities needed. Staff very pleasant. Adequate buffet breakfast. Clean and fresh, I assume the building is new or recently renovated. .

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I am a frequent business traveler. The SpringHill Suites in Tallahassee has really nice, spacious rooms with great workspace. I usually am in and out of a hotel without a lot of time to enjoy the space. On my last visit, I actually stayed 2 nights so reall was able to appreciate the nice set up.

I was a little concerned since when I checked in they had signs saying they would be testing the fire alarm system starting at 10 the next day and that they had to enter each room. The next morning I requested that housekeeping and the fire alarm folks enter prior to 12:30 so that my conference call would not be disrupted. Luckily, the housekeeping did their part and once I returned the fire alarm folks were in and out at the start of my call with no real noise disruption. I appreciated the effort since I know these types of activities have to occur to keep it operational!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I am writing this review after talking to a woman at the front desk who works overnight. Her lack of care and concern for my noise complaint has prompted the somewhat low rating.
I stopped at this hotel for one night on the way from Tampa. The location is superb. You have so many stores and choices for food. There is even a nail salon for those in need. The front desk professional was smart, friendly, and efficient upon our arrival. She was so welcoming to me and my family. She set the tone for a great stay! The room was clean and well appointed. They even had small touches like plates in the microwave. We also stayed in a Springhill in Tampa and it was not as nice as this one. Once we were settled in bed the fun began. I can't believe how noisy this place was. Throughout the night I could hear doors slamming, overhead commotions which sounded like running, jumping, and sliding doors, and weird sounds. Being that I have a five year old and the young lady upon check in was so nice. I tried to simply go back to sleep.....each time. When you hear loud noises at midnight and 1 am.....you kinda try to just get through it. Well during the 6 am hour the noise cranked up again. This time it was not upstairs but next door. My five year old was awaken by this so I picked up the phone and shared with the front desk about the loud noise. She barely listened before she chimed in and gave me a lecture on how she had been there since 11 pm and had not heard any complaints about any noise, hence suggesting that I was either a quack or lying. She also said that noise that you are hearing now is the breakfast room because you are right next door. Her tone was rude and uncaring. She told me that she would leave a note for management to which I told her don't bother. She never said I'm sorry about the disturbance.
So basically.....this is a great hotel.....just avoid the first floor. Opt for the highest floor in order to avoid the relatives of big foot. And definitely avoid 120 unless you get up early or want to be on breakfast duty. You have been warned. Worst night of sleep on my vacay.

• Stayed: June 2014