“They know how to run a hotel !”

SpringHill Suites Tallahassee Central
Ranked #10 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“They know how to run a hotel !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

The owners ought to teach other hotels how to operate a hotel. The cleanliness is great, very nice breakfast, nice location.
The rooms have a modern flair with sliding doors, which is cool.
The breakfast staff was friendly, which was so welcoming ......... nice job ladies !!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This was a great hotel. Clean, nice space, nice bathrooms, nice beds. Close to lots of places to eat. Beds could have been bigger, but otherwise great hotel. Oh and they have good breakfast, something for everyone. Not chintzy products either! Nice hotel, we will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Lslbrown
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I chose this hotel based on reviews from my fellow tripadvisor colleagues. I was very happy with this decision. Just walking into the room was a breath of fresh air. It was bright and colorful, unlike drab, ordinary hotel rooms I have unfortunately come to accept. The beds were comfy and the television was adequate. One major plus is that the toilet and the shower are in separate "rooms" so one person can use one without inconveniencing others in the party.
The lobby was very bright and spacious, the business center was up to date and user friendly. Ashley at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. The frontdesk is stocked with refreshments that range from water and soda to beer and lean cuisines. The items are quite expensive though.
I usually prefer to stay in the I-10/Thomasville Road area so this location is a little far out for my plans in Tallahassee but it is very close to Governor's Square Mall and the Capital Circle loop. This hotel was worth the drive and has become my preferred hotel in Tallahassee.

Room Tip: Based on previous reviews I would recommend 2nd floor or higher. However, I have no experience on t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
tamcc655, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Mr. LutherMc,

I hope this finds you well, and thank you for your detailed feedback. We are glad to know that all of our ammenities are meeting your standards, and we have become your favorite place to stay. In addition, we have just reconfigured our entire breakfast setup with more variety and healthy options; look out for it on your next trip and let me know your thoughts. Also, I acknowledge your concerns on the pantry items, so next time you're here, I'll be happy to give you one free pantry item myself. Also, feel free to let me know about any other experiences you may have in the future. We will keep up the good work, and if there is anything we need to fix, we would like to hear about it. Have a great weekend and thank you for choosing us!

Ruben De Leon
AGM
Palm Coast, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I believe I was in room 101, past the lobby to the left. I was right next to some type of boiler room, and it kept making noises. Other than that, the place is great.
They did not put me on the first floor before making sure I was OK with that. The staff were very friendly, rooms are new and modern. I did not eat any breakfast, but the coffee was good. And the lobby is decorated nicely. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Room 101 was loud.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nboutot
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprise with this hotel. I checked out late in the evening and wanted to buy something light to eat. I asked them if they had some fruit for purchase ... there was none but one of the girls said that she could get me one from the kitchen as apples are a breakfast food. The girls on duty were very friendly - too bad I can't remember their names. The room was clean and updated. The bed very comfortable. The next morning I went to get breakfast and it was very good. A good selection of varied items. There were many families with small children and all seemed very happy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Birchwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Large rooms with kingsize bed, with premium bedding. The bathroom is spa like with selectable shower head setting. We have stayed here several times, especially when we can find a good special rate.....Friendly staff with a good continental breakfast, Its very quiet also.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way down to Orlando. It was a very nice property, with clean rooms and courteous staff. It was nice that the suites had two bathroom areas....one with a toilet and sink, and one with a shower and sink. Made it much easier to get ready in the morning. However, the doors were these funky sliding doors with frosted glass. So if someone gets up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, it will light the whole room up! So not good if you are a light sleeper. I would recommend either bringing a small night light (my mother in law always has one in her travel bag, and now I know why, they come in handy from time to time!!) or, do like I did, and use your cell phone to light your way. I had no interest in waking up my kids and husband. If they could fix the bathroom doors, this would be a 5 star review. Also had a decent breakfast.

Room Tip: Bring a night light, those bathroom doors are a scandal!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family