“Top Class”

Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Northern Ireland
“Top Class”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed an overnight at this hotel. Everything was spot on and in particular the reception/dining area.
An hotel that can be recommended with total confidence.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank freddiemon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Florida
Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Ive been to Tallahassee several times over the past 3+ years because my daughter attends FSU. I have stayed in 5 different hotels. This hotel is awesome. Clean, friendly, comfortable, great location and a terrific value. Highly recommended.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank scdriscoll
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The hotel was few miles away for FSU. My son had to go to the FSU freshman orientation week. The hotel was excellent. My children loved their hot breakfast and coffee was available at all times. I had a difficult time waking up the family as the beds were extremely cozy. Even a pleasant evening hotel front desk manager or agent, Tim, helped me with important computer operations and printings. I will definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I cannot say enough for the front desk clerks who work at this hotel. The Fairfield Inn was oversold, and we were sent here. The Fairfield was supposed to give us authorization to stay here on their dime, however, their desk clerk did not give the proper paperwork. The SpringHill staff went out of their way to contact and get the proper paperwork for our stay.

The room has a strange layout. There are 2 bathroom areas...one with toilet and small sink, the other with a larger sink and shower. Some may like this set up, but if you needed the facilities before showering, you had to make a trip to the other room. There is a small living area on entering the room, but even the TV does not have a proper place for easy viewing. It's not in the center of any room...you have to spin it for central viewing.

Parking is very tight in the lot. We arrived very late and there were no spaces. But once again, the great front desk gal moved her personal car for us to park. A guest who came after us was out of luck with a spot in the main lot and had to walk quite a way in the rain.

The staff made up for the strange room, but overall a good stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank laplume9254
Schertz, Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The hotel is very modern and lovely. It's also frequently overcrowded, judging from the reviews. I arrived at 11 pm following a 7-hour drive. I was unable to park in the main lot and had to park in an mostly unlit lot next door. People were partying in the main lot; basically tailgating in front of the hotel. Children were playing in the lobby. Later, the same group of kids were playing by the elevators on my floor. Remember, this was near midnight.

While I was awaiting check-in, I heard someone call the front desk to request more towels. They were told there was a shortage of towels and there were none. Funny, because I could clearly see a stack of towels in a room behind the front desk.

I was awakened very early in the morning by the sounds of people talking in the hallway and the people in the room next door coughing and talking. I then (very clearly) heard a man going to the bathroom. Yuck.

Like I said, it's pretty. It won't, however, be on my list of choices if I come back this way.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank senoraflowers
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This is an outstanding suite hotel. It was totally full while I was there yet I had good housekeeping service and friendly attention at the front desk. I had a king studio and it was very comfortable. The seating area was very contemporary, with pretty colors and multi-purpose furniture. The bathroom was very european in style. There was a small basin and toilet as one room, then the large shower (walk-in, no tub) and basin with countertop in the other room. Both bathroom areas had sliding doors. There was a very small kitchenette with fridge, microwave, and a single serve coffee maker. Desk was comfortable and wifi was free.

Doiwnstairs had a business center with printer and public computer. Also downstairs was a "market" with microwavable food, desserts. Breakfast was fair. The fact that it is free made it acceptable. On the plus side, the hot entree part of the meal is different every day which is nice if you are there for several days.

My only criticism is that the bedding isn't good. The mattress is OK, but the sheets don't seem to be quite large enough and although they are attempting triple sheeting, they don't quite have it right. Also there is a comforter on the bed which I feel is too heavy during the summer in the South. But that is not much to complain about and overall I think this was an outstanding property in a convenient location near shopping, restaurants and not far from downtown for business.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We were in Tallahassee for a wedding and stayed here with a family of five. This is a very modern hotel and the rooms were big enough to comfortably fit all five of us. Great work space for my computer, free internet that was fast, shower and sink in one room and toilet and sink in another was nice so someone could shower while someone else used the other room. In room fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron. Free breakfast was well stocked and had a good variety. Tea and coffee all day. Very clean and area seemed safe. Parking can be tight. Now the best part, the staff!!! Very friendly and fast service. Any need you had was handled quickly. My wife forgot to bring safety pins and they provided them. The price was very good too for a suite with 2 queens and sofa sleeper. We look forward to our next stay at a Springhill suites.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments with us concerning our hotel and staff. I will be sure to share your review with my team during our daily huddle. We make efforts everyday to ensure our guests have a great stay experience, this reinforces the importance of those efforts. On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to having you as our guest again....