“Good Place to Stay Near I-10”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL
Ranked #31 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Southern US
“Good Place to Stay Near I-10”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night while traveling to Orlando. Hotel is close to the interstate, so we didn't worry about getting lost during our short time there. Room was quiet and comfortable with all amenities in working order. Staff were knowledgeable of the local area and were always friendly. Free breakfast offerings ranged from make your own waffles or toast to sausage, eggs, cereal, etc. I was pleased with the variety offered because I am often left eating boxed cereal because of my picky nature. Cost was reasonable when compared with other hotels in the area. I would not hesitate to stay here again if traveling thru the area.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank divekettle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Texas
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is the 3rd time we stayed at this CIS. Each time a little more disappointed than the last.
Tub was filthy. Room had not been dusted in weeks.
There is no Housekeeping Supervisor.
I do not know who inspects the rooms when housekeeping is finished, but they are not doing a very good job.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
BamaManInFl, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Julie / Guest Relations Manager.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Staff was great, very accomodating. My wife loved the special baked chocolate chip cookies served in the afternoon. Breakfast was all you would need with a good variety of choices.

Room was comfortable and up to expected standards. Location central to major highway, restaurants and other shopping.

We stayed one night to visit our granddaughter attending FSU ....her Freshman year, my first visit to the area.

Overall--a pleasant experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night on way to southern Fla. our room was clean. Bathroom clean except under sink. Lots of dust and dust bunnies. Housekeeping needs to remind maids to clean that area also. Rate was from hotel catalogue found at rest stops, good price. Light bulb missing in reading floor lamp. had to go to front desk to get one. Bed was lumpy. Front desk person was pleasant and overall very pleasant

• Stayed October 2013
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Bathroom sink cracked and shower head leaked.
In room fridge great but needed to be defrosted. Good location.
Staff nice complementary breakfast so-so.
Would I stay there and give it a 2nd chance maybe?

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed October 4, 2013

First I was put in a handicap room, so I can live with that. The bathroom had urine on the bottom of the toilet, there was a hole in the bathroom door, the fire alarm was showing wires only, we had a two night stay, housekeeping left a piece of paper on the floor that I put there to see if they would clean the room, she /he did not pick it up, they did not take the empty paper cup off the desk, they did not empty the water from the ice that had melted, the shower had a drip and while my husband took a shower, a roach came out of the drain, WONDERFUL, I brought lysoil spray and bug mite spray, I should of brought pledge, because the dresser where the TV was not cleaned, full of dust. We stat at many Country Inn Suites, and have never had this experience. The only Plus is the lady in the breakfast room was sweet and upbeat, very nice, that is the only thing good I can say about this hotel.
I did not get my reward points either, because when I went to book it, somehow it went to Expedia and I lost out on it. Whew, Susan in Florida slburns6344@yahoo.com

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank qvchollic
BamaManInFl, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Akshat General Manager.
Port Charlotte
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed four nights at this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it. The room was clean the staff was polite and helpful. We will be in Tallahassee a lot and will stay here again. We did not get to use the pool or other amenities so I can't say anything about them.

Room Tip: We stayed in a king bed room it had a lot of space.