“Quick Stop in Tallahassee” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL
Ranked #36 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Lakeland, Florida
“Quick Stop in Tallahassee”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a night. The service was great, and we were quickly checked in. The room was clean and roomy. The hotel also has a noon check out which was really nice. The location is great being close to the I-10 and plenty of restaurants. The hotel was busy that night, and it was not pleasant being woke up early by a lady banging on the door and yelling across the hall. You can hear everything that happens in the halls. The elevator sounded like it was about to fall down the shaft, and upon closer inspection, I discovered the license for the elevator had expired which was very disturbing. I mentioned that as I checked out. The other downside was the breakfast. Make sure to go early or else it becomes packed. The selection was very poor for a Country Inn. Otherwise, it was not too bad for a quick stop.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lake Charles, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Our room had a king size bed and a small refrigerator. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The hotel is just off I-10. Our room was on the fourth floor and we heard no noise during the night. There are a lot of restaurants on the North Monroe Street. We went back over the Interstate to a Longhorn Steakhouse. Local traffic on North Monroe Street is pretty heavy and we had to wait both going and coming as there is no traffic signal where you enter and exit from the hotel onto to North Monroe. It was not a significant wait.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Check in was smooth. Price was good. We woke up very early after the first night so we could go rent a truck to move our college daughter into a new apartment. We were out of the hotel by 6:15 a.m. We stayed out all day moving her stuff and returned back to the hotel about 1:30 a.m. We were exhausted and went up to our room. Neither of the two room keys worked, so after continually trying the keys, we went down to the desk and were given new keys. When we finally got in the room, we were surprised to see that no housekeeping was done in our room. Housekeeping certainly had enough time since we were gone the entire day. I was so mad, but also, so exhausted. When I inquired at the desk about why we had no housekeeping, I was told that if the housekeeping knocks at your room, and you don't respond to let them in, they will not do any housekeeping in your room because it's a liability. That is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. The front desk clerk said it was a policy at that hotel. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
North Liberty Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Check in went smooth considering we were checking in at 11PM due to flight delays. Breafkast is OK, not great. there are options to choose from, I was just hungry for eggs and there was none. Internet spotty, but with patience worked OK. There was a spider in my bed upon checkin but no other problems after that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Check in was easy and friendly, and the hotel was clean and cmfortable. My husband took our son down to breakfast in the morning, one of the guests took every single blueberry muffin. My son saw that and was so upset since that's his favorite. My husband asked the attendant if they had any more, but she said that was the last and the truck hadn't come in yet but it should come any time. When I went down to eat later, I took my son with me, and the truck had come in. The attendant saw my son and heated up some of the blueberry muffins and brought my son a bowl of them. That was so sweet, and it made my son so happy. If I'm ever in the area again, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Berlin, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed here en route to another city. Very impressed from young man who checked us in to breakfast lady. Cleaning help do a great job as our room was so nice. I love a clean hotel and this was just that. Thank you!

Room Tip: Being Gold Elite member, we were upgraded to a 2 room suite on top floor and it was very nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Bathtub didn't drain and backed up every time someone tried to shower, hairs in every "clean" towel or washcloth, a large horrific looking stain that appeared to have been vomit next to the bed, dirty stained carpet throughout the room and musty smell throughout. Especially horrifying when traveling with our 2 & 4 yr old. Unconcerned staff never even offered to change room. First and last time we will ever stay in a hotel of the same name!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
BamaManInFl, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdivsor! We sincerely apologize that your experience here was less than satisfactory. We appreciate any comments or suggestions you may have to improve our property and graciously invite you back to stay so that we may have another opportunity to change any negative opinions you may have about our hotel.