“Very surprised and disappointed!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL
Ranked #35 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Navarre, Florida
“Very surprised and disappointed!”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I love country inn and suites and we look for them when we travel. This time we went 40 miles out of our way for a hotel that we stayed in a few years ago when they first opened. Our first stay was wonderful. (about $90 a night) This time, not so much. The guy at the front desk had no personality and I looked around to see if he was being held up or something because he was acting so strange. I specifically asked for a quiet room and he gave us one directly in front of the stairs. The room was clean except for something on the wall that I really don't care to know what it was. I will just say it made my stomach turn. In the middle of the night there was a loud noise that woke me up out of my sleep, it sounding as if a stampede was running down the hall and doors were slamming up and down the hall for at least an hour. Last but not least, the price was outrageous, I usually don't mind $180 for a hotel (special occasion) but this hotel was so not worth it! Save your money go somewhere else. (BY THE WAY, NOT MILITARY FRIENDLY, GUY AT THE FRONT DESK DID NOT SEEM TO CARE WHEN WE ASKED FOR THE MILITARY RATE) I will give this Country Inn and Suites 1 star only. I hope my love of this chain will continue with my next stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jillian1070

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We love the CI & S brand as it always provides clean hotels at a good price. We stayed on our way to Disney and it was perfect!

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank disney73
Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Fairly new hotel was ok. Quiet. Comfortable beds. Clean.

Breakfast was almost nonexistent. No coffee. No sausage. No eggs. No biscuits. .A complete breakdown. Sad.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FSUWizard
Georgia
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Very nice accomodations. Complimentary breakfast was good. Service was great. Thankfully no surprises...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank penntrainer
Columbia, Tennessee
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We spent only one night here, but the staff was very nice and helpful. Clean room and comfortable bed. Swam in the pool even though it wasn't heated, but it felt great after being on the road all day.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and heard people walking above. We usually like to stay on top floors and I...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thebandteacher
Silvis, Illinois
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We were just here last week. All amenities were excellent, enjoyed the fresh cookies in the lobby. It is very conviently located next to I-10, with a Cracker Barrel nearby. My only issue is I think ALL motels in Tallahassee, including this one are very overpriced!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BOBALOU06
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Where do I begin?

We love the Country Inn & Suites chain and always choose to stay in one if available.

The service at this hotel was terrible.

I requested a crib and it was not in our room. I was alone with an infant and toddler and had to carry the crib (plus luggage and children) up to the room on my own.

The battery on our alarm started going out at 9 pm and we had to change rooms. (Again, terrible with luggage, a crib, a baby and a toddler.)

The insulation was so poor that we couldn't sleep over the sound of outside traffic.

At 4 am, we were awakened by our neighbors. I won't go in to details here, but it was one of the most disgusting experiences of my life. This went on until 6:30 am. (I should have called the front desk.)

The breakfast choices were the poorest we have had in our experiences with this chain. However, the woman working the breakfast room was wonderful. I enjoyed chatting with her and she was very sweet to my children.

To finish on a positive note, I did enjoy the layout of the room and it was very clean.

It's a shame that we had such a sour experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family