“Very nice one night stop”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL
Ranked #36 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Rather be in WDW
“Very nice one night stop”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Got in late. Good AAA rate on a queen suite for our family of five. Breakfast was outstanding. The lady running the breakfast room was incredible. I think her name was MaryAnne. Fantastic. Would recommend the stay on her service alone.

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank jrbdad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Mount Dora, Florida
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Have rarely been disappointed with this chain no matter where the location. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank FoodForOnTheMove
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed November 7, 2011

With so many options in Tallahassee it was mind boggling when it came time choosing lodging to accommodate our over night stay. Important deciding factors I looked for when reading reviews were price/cleanliness and location the hot breakfast was an added bonus. The hotel was clean appears to be newer as in few years old. No moldy smell that many places in Florida are known for. Rooms are nicely furnished/flat screen tv a plus. The hot breakfast was an added treat, it was actually good. I was able to book the room thru expedia for 79.00 not bad after looking various lodging prices in the area.

Room Tip: The GPS miss directed us, turn onto the service road that runs in front of Burger King.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lfred002
Cruising on a sailboat in FL Keys
Reviewed September 25, 2011

The place was OK for a night. The room was spacious and well appointed with flat screen TV, coffee maker, free internet, fridge and microwave. The king bed was comfortable, but the bedding was average quality and starting to pill slightly. The bed spread was stained, but fortunately (or not) we didn't notice until morning when the light was better.

The building is only 2-3 years old, but the construction quality is questionable. You could hear foot falls and doors closing from rooms above and next door, although voices and TV's were not audible. The faucets and shower heads are all of the water saver variety which required prolonged running in order to get adequate volume.

There was some mildew around the tub enclosure and significant amounts of dust under the vanity.

The breakfast room was good and provided a well maintained buffet of hot and cold items.

Our room (king non smoking for 2 persons) was $79.99+ tax which was $10-$25 higher than other places in the area. We hadn't stayed in a Country Inn property before so we thought we sample the offerings. We were disappointed and will likely not chose this brand again, unless there were extenuating circumstances.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Some reviews we saw indicted the staff was rude. Not really, they just have no personality and don't know how to interact with visitors. We arrived after 10 hours on the road and wanted to find some seafood close. Staff didn't know about seafood but told us about a BBQ place down the road. As we were driving to the BBQ place, we saw a parking lot full of cars at Crystal Springs Seafood about 6 blocks away. We stopped there instead and had a wonderful meal of shrimp cooked perfectly. Just what we wanted. When we told the staff member about the great food, she said she had never eaten there (poor thing).

Room Tip: Watch out for rooms at the top of the stairs. Even husband didn't feel real secure there...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of this hotel. The bathrooms were very clean - none of the extra hair you sometimes find in the corners! The front desk clerk was also nice and check in was very easy. We had a second floor room next to the stairs but overall we didn't have much noise. The only complaint I have is that the beds weren't real comfortable but I am used to a sleep number bed at home so I am spoiled! Our location was very convenient to everything. Downtown and FSU were very easy to get to but far enough away to avoid the college kids. I would recommend Lofty Pursuits on Timberlane for ice cream. A bit expensive but very worth it. Also the Crepevine for breakfast or lunch. Overall our stay was great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed one night here traveling with my Mother who is "special needs". I called ahead to request a first floor room near an entrance. Upon check in, the room I requested was available. The room was clean, large and the beds were very comfortable. I did not hear any noise (the walls must be thick) even though the hotel was full. The free continental breakfast was fair. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel. I am very picky about clean hotels and this was very clean.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family