“Trendy”

Aloft Tallahassee Downtown
Ranked #13 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The hotel staff was wonderful. The room is trendy looking however the window is small. Another small issue is the ironing board - the cover is so wrinkled you can not iron on it. Everything else is very good.

Room Tip: The front rooms have road noise and the corner rooms are smaller.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
JonathanBGenMgr, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you for your comments and for recognizing our fantastic staff! We have very large windows in all of our guest rooms so I am hoping that perhaps you got is mixed up with another hotel. We will make sure to replace that wrinkled ironing board cover! So sorry we missed that!

Please come back and stay with us again!

Jonathan and Team!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Aesthetically awesome, very Euro feel and great lobby bar area to relax and hang out. Cool rooms, simplistic but sheik and well organized...
The only reason I gave a "Average" rating as opposed to a "Very Good" rating was our room just didn't feel clean to me. I am not a "clean freak" but I felt like our particular room could have used a good deep clean. I didn't sleep well and I felt like the bed and/or the carpet could have been better cleaned.
We were traveling in a group and everyone seamed to really like the property, location and style of the place so I don't want to be too harsh...Like I said, the lobby area, the bar area AWESOME... Just wasn't sure about our particular room. I hope this helps.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments. So glad to hear that you like the trendy feel of our brand! Sounds like our location was a hit as well. On the cleanliness side of things, I was disappointed to hear that you felt your room could have been cleaner. We don't often hear about cleanliness issues as the property scores very high within our brand for being so clean.

At any measure, we will take a look at what we are doing and make sure we are on top of it all.

We hope you will come back and stay with us again!

Many thanks!

Jonathan

Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival the parking lot is kind of cramped but okay. The hotel lobby is very inviting and the people are friendly. I liked that they had a nice inviting place to chill and grab a quick treat. The rooms were kinda of strange simply due to the fact of not being more open and I didn't care for the sliding bathroom door. However, the shower was spacious with shampoo and bath gel (not bad) I tried both and didn't get that usual cheap feeling from either. The internet was easy to login to which is a plus. Oh the TV was great not small and on the wall. I would definitely to come back to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank LadiKris

So glad to hear that overall you really enjoyed our hotel and that you noticed how friendly we are around here. It's what we do and we love it.

Sounds like the television size was a hit too. Glad you enjoyed our lobby area and had a bite to eat with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

All our best,

Jonathan & Team!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Modern, trendy. Made the reservation for my mother and step father who were in town visiting. they seemed very impressed. I'll admit that with them being older, ANY situation that has music pumping and seems full of energy is a gem. but i was equally impressed. The property markets itself a green property and gives incentives for participating. I saw several dogs, and asked a bit, turns out they are the VERY pet friendly, they even give a treat bag for your dogs. overall, good to great experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors or pool side tend to be a bit more noise friendly.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

So glad to hear that MOM loved the place and that you did too! We are green to the core from our laundry practices, lighting and more. And yes, our four legged guests are some of our favorite.

We hope to see you again the next time travels bring you through Tallahassee.

All our best,

Jonathan and Team!

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We always stay here while visiting my daughter at FSU. It's location close to campus yet just on the edge makes it easy to get around while we are here.
The rooms are all and utilitarian. Modern, small European style. You would not want to stay in the hotel for more than a couple of nights The hotel lobby has a great bar and lounge area full if couches and seats, as well as a pool table. Very modern in the design.
There is also a Starbucks and a snack bar that serves hot and cold items as well as having an array of packages snacks like chips and cookies.
Parking is great. There are nice places to eat within walking distance.
The staff is nice and accommodating.

Stayed: May 2014
JonathanBGenMgr, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you for your comments! Aloft is definately a little more modern than most, and the rooms definately mirror the layout that you might find in many Europeon hotels. The space is well planned and used well! So glad to hear that you enjoyed all of the other amenities that the hotel has to offer in our remix lobby area, refuel food offerings and our WXYZ lounge. One of the big concepts with the Aloft brand is to get our guests out of their room to come down and enjoy everything else that we have to offer.

We look forward to having you back with us again.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped through here for a night while traveling and it is wonderful!! The location is great, and the inside is incredibly visually pleasing. They have beautiful colors throughout and neat lights to go with it. The whole place is very modern!! Our room was fantastic! You have 2 big windows facing the city so you have a great view - we were on the 4th floor. The bathroom has a big walk in shower.. I loved every single thing about the room and the hotel in general. They also have a great gym to use & have sweet gifts for your pooch if you bring one! I definitely recommend this hotel 100%!!! :)

• Stayed: May 2014

Well as a General Manager, I can tell you it doesn't get any better in my world than having our guest say that we are "One of the best hotels ever"!

Thank you for stopping in! So glad to hear that you like our design, our rooms and all of the other amenities that we offer.

Please come back to see us again the next time travels bring you to Tallahassee. Aloft has more than 50 locations in the USA. Be sure to look for us in other cities as well.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Recently stayed at the Aloft for a couple of nights based on a recommendation from a friend and it's proximity to FSU. There are all kinds of things wrong with this place. For starters we arrived late -- around 10pm. At check-in there was one person ahead of us and a line of weary travelers behind us. There was one very pleasant young man working the desk. I'm not sure why he deemed it the right moment to make lots of friendly small talk with each person checking in (company policy?) but there were a lot of tired, frustrated folks waiting way too long in the line that night for a room! Then when we finally got to our room, we found it was bisected by a long wall with beds on one side and vanity area (with attached bathroom) on the other side. This meant when the bright light was on in the vanity area it shone into the bed area (the wall going only partway across -- no door, just large opening. Also, there seemed to be no way to turn on just the bathroom light in the toilet/shower area. So all that light was a problem for those who went to sleep first and if you got up the night to use the toilet you either had to wake everyone up by turning on the lights or feel around in the dark to use the bathroom. Walls were thin so in addition to street noise from Monroe street (make sure to request a high floor -- second floor was too close) we heard noise from the hallway and next room. Someone was able to enter our room with her key the first night we arrived, so my husband had to go down to the lobby at 11:30 and get our keys changed. The clock in the room is attractive but makes a ticking noise -- not everyone likes this including me. Good thing I always travel with ear plugs! About the only good things I can say about this place are that the beds are comfy and the pool table in the lounge is a nice touch (kept my teen travel companions busy). Find another place if you want to actually get some sleep.

Room Tip: High floor away from Monroe Street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Roadtripper990

We were so disappointed to hear that the design of our hotel rooms left something to be desired from your standpoint. We are definately a bit modern, and some even say a little Europeon with the room layout and design. I appreciate your comments and want you to rest assured that we take all feedback to the table so that we can make changes where necessary and continue to improve. Our goal is that every guest leaves with a memorable experience.

Since we do sit in the heart of downtown, sometimes the "sounds of the city" present themselves and I was sorry to hear that you didn't rest well. Thanks for noticing the comfy beds, we hear that alot! I am also glad your teen travelers got to enjoy a game of pool in our remix lobby area.

Please accept my inviation to come back and give us another opportunity. We will be happy upon request to make sure we place you in a room that is away from the busier street side of the building.

Warm Regards,