“FSU visit ”

Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
McCalla, AL
“FSU visit ”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Aloft is very easy to get to from I10 and close to FSU. Parking was convenient. Place was very clean! I would recommend that if you plan to sleep before midnight, you request a room on the North Monroe Street side and not 2nd floor pool side. There was a party out near pool. Our room was 2nd floor and we heard folk having a fun time until about midnight! We needed sleep!! My only other complaint is that we had lukewater last night and this morning. But, overall great place!

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank tinamarieMcCalla_AL
JonathanBGenMgr, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thanks so much for staying with us during your recent visit to FSU. I am happy to hear that you found our staff friendly and specifically mentioned how clean everything was. Our housekeeping team works very hard to make sure they don't miss a detail and it is always nice to share comments like yours with them! The next time you visit, make sure you remind us of the noise you encountered pool side, and we will make sure to place you in a nice quiet area of the building. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Sherrills Ford, North Carolina
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This is the second stay for my wife a first for me at Aloft. The hotel is very trendy with nice lines and cool colors. Lobby is unique and very inviting, The lounge is a great place to relax, enjoy the fireplace and a favorite beverage. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The room itself, like the rest of the hotel, was trendy and pleasing to the eye. With a hotel so modern and eccletric, it seems to me it could have a better heater/air conditioner. Noisy... too hot...... then too cold. I was up three times adjusting the themostat. I know there is not a great in- room cooling/heating unit anywhere, but this one was one of the worst. Bad night sleep means a bad day of travel. Overall the experience was good and would stay again. Hopefully the next time I could sleep in!

1 Thank zo6man34531
We appreciate your taking the time to share with us about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that your overall "FIRST" Aloft experience was so enjoyable. It sounds like you both were able to enjoy our public spaces in addition to your room. We get a great number of compliments on that fireplace. It's a cozy place to enjoy both inside and out. And of course, it always makes me so proud of my team to hear guests compliment them on being friendly and offering great service. I will certainly be sharing those comments with everyone. And last but not least, I will make sure that our engineering team is looking into the HVAC issue. It should not be so noisy that it is keeping you awake at night. We will get right on that. And above all! Come back and see us!
Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stay at the Alofts when I travel with one of my friends who is a fan. They have a very trendy vibe to them that doesn't do much for me...though I typically like modern furnishings and such. It just is a bit too cold or something to me. I can't quite explain it.

However there is nothing I can cite wrong with these hotels except the rooms are a bit tight for me. I get claustrophobic. And I will say the bed was very uncomfortable as well.

The lobby has a nice little bar and a place to buy coffee and breakfast in the morning which was nice. Staff was also very nice.

Aloft is for a certain type of individual. It isn't for me so given a preference I would stay at a Westin or even a Marriott because they have bigger rooms.

It is simply a style issue for the most part...except for the beds and room size.

1 Thank dianegooslin1960
Thank you for taking the time to write and share some thoughts about your recent stay with us. I totally understand that everyone has style preferences and we are certainly a little more modern/industrial feeling especially in our public spaces. Thank you for noting that the staff was friendly, exceptional customer service is very important to us and I love sharing with the team when guest mention that. I did also want to mention that we just this week are in the process of putting all new bedding in our guest rooms. New comforters and all beds will now have 4 luxurious pillows. Thanks again and we hope to see you again!
Ormond Beach, FL
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I've stayed at the Aloft several times while in Tallahassee. It's got a cool vibe and the staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms have all the amenities you could want. They're not large, but are clean and comfortable. There is a small cafe next to the front desk which serves snacks, sandwiches and drinks and was open both early and late. Great for a quick bite. There are several good restaurants within walking distance also. The only downside--a fire station on the next block which can't seem to move a firetruck without full sirens, day or night.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less affected by road noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Well, as the General Manager of this hotel, it doesn't get much better than to hear we are someones FAVORITE PLACE TO STAY! Thank you for sharing some comments about your recent stay with us. I am always happy to hear that our staff is so friendly and doing such a fine job of taking care of our guests. Glad you like the rooms too! Most of the feedback we get is that they are laid out very well and have everything you need! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town.
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Very nice hotel downtown, close to everything downtown. Friendly staff. Well laid out lobby and nice rooms with amenities. My wife and I were downtown to celebrate New Years Eve. It was only a short walk to all the festivities.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy New Year! So happy to read that you spent such a special night with us. Thanks for loving our hotel and location. You are right! We are right downtown in the middle of everything. I am always so happy to hear from our guests and even happier to share with my team your wonderful comments! We hope to see you again!
Miami
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I've stayed here a couple times, most recently for Parent's Weekend when, truth be told, we were lucky to get a hotel room because Tallahassee is swarming with parental units. The first thing you notice when you walk in, is a nice scent of lemongrass and the dog dishes by the entrance. The lobby is a big, multi-use area with the front desk, next to gift shop, next to snack shop and the bar, sitting area and pool table beyond. It does not have the cozy, quiet feel to it, but the hotel takes it's inspiration from airlines, so it's modern, techno-forward and sleek. The elevators have pads that make impressions when you stand on them. Our room, a corner one, was nice and quiet. There is a desk area, where you can plug in your electronics and the bed was comfy, with a large flat screen TV. The closet area is open, with places to hang up and a magazine rack, a safe and coffee maker. The bathroom and sink area is modern and the shampoo was a canister stuck inside the shower that is a shampoo/conditioner combo (which I don't like) by Bliss. There was a part of the shower door with caulking that had come off and was mildewed- that was kind of gross and there was a q-tip that sat on our hallway floor (possibly dropped by housekeeping) that sat there for days, so cleanliness isn't a top priority. And one day our room had been "made up", but we could barely tell. The pillows had been left off the bed. There is a pool- I swam and it was cold. There is coffee available in the lobby. Overall, I felt lucky to get a hotel room on this weekend, but would probably not return to Aloft if I had other options.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Glee47
We appreciate your taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us! Of course I am always disappointed when the design and "feel" of our hotel isn't someone's "cup of tea". I understand however we all have our preferred style of decor,etc, so I completely understand where you are coming from. I do want to however, assure you that cleanliness is a priority around here, and I have addressed the concerns you shared with our housekeeping team and the leader of that department to make sure that we are on top of every detail. Thanks for mentioning some of the things that you did like as well and please know you are always welcome to come back and give us another opportunity to provide you with an exceptional lodging experience. All our best!
USA
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Just got thru reading one of the other reviews and they took the words right out of my mouth. The comforter was un-useable. It looked as though they had washed it and it was all clumped up and thick in one place and paper thin in others. It really was not worth using. The heating and ac system has a thermostat that only gives you the choice of AUTO. What the means is that no matter what the temp you set it to, it runs heat sometimes and cool others. It really should not be installed this way. It is uncomfortable while sleeping and trying to stay warm as the outside temp was below freezing. I am in the business of HVAC and this is not a proper installation. The walls of the room looked as though they had been patched from hole after hole after hole. They were sorry patch jobs and were not painted or textured properly. The walls are paper thin as well and you can hear everything around you. Other than that, the room was comfortable but it really should not have these kinds of problems for a rate well over $100 per night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Larry8241
Thank you for sharing some comments with us about your recent stay at our Aloft Tallahassee Downtown. As the General Manager of the hotel, I want to apologize on behalf of my entire team that we were not able to exceed your expectations while you were here. I was happy to ready that you rated our service and location 5 stars! It helps us tremendously to be able to share feedback on both sides of the equation. I am happy to be able to share with you that we just replaced every comforter in the building! There was indeed a problem with the quality of the comforter we were using and I agree that the appearance was unacceptable. Starwood worked very hard to find a replacement that would hold up during the laundry process. As a result our beds now look and feel fantastic. I am having our engineering team look into the HVAC issues. Your comments will make it possible for us to improve so that we can exceed all guests expectations. Please come back and give us another opportunity to show you just what the Aloft Tallahassee Downtown is all about.