“My Oasis!!!”

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“My Oasis!!!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Aloft, Tallahassee, Florida

After moving my daughter into her dorm, 9:30p.m.Target run, then late dinner, unpacking and organizing till 1:45a.m., sleeping on her floor until 3:30a.m. wake up call, a fire alarm..... When morning came I knew I had to get out of there!

I tried calling around to other hotels and knew I wanted a room now, not 3:00p.m. check in! I first reached the 800 reservationist but when I explained my dilemma, was told how to reach the front desk. I spoke with Jackie and told her my situation, she said sure we have a room, we will see you in a few minutes.

After a few block drive from campus, I walked in the most interesting space. I thought the check in desk was for the lobby coffee shop. Jackie was there and right away greeted me, and said " I will give you a nice quiet room overlooking the pool." I was also give a few papers with directions to shopping, airport, restaurants.

My room was so perfect... Zen like neat and spare, but with everything one would need. I made coffee, flipped on CNN and ESPN, and loved the in room wifi!!!

Room Highlights....REAL blow dryer, the most luxurious bed and linens, huge TV on the wall opposite the bed, perfect "closet" right in the bathroom!

Hotel Highlights......news ticker tape above the elevators and visible from the lobby. Real coffee shop with food service, Bar with daily Happy Hour located right next to the pool. Pool is pristine perfect with great loungers and shaded areas. Surface parking right next to the hotel with great access to every street direction....very easy in and out.

Also, since we have dogs at home....loved seeing dogs in and around the hotel. Made missing ours much better.

We have a a Sophmore attending FSU and this was my third trip, third hotel, I stayed in. I loved everything about this hotel, and the Aloft will be our new home when in Tallahassee.

A very happy Mom!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

No frills hotel. Very clean, modern, basic amenities. Shuttle provided to downtown areas. Walking distance to many eating establishments. No breakfast provided, very simple cafe with high priced breakfast items.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mvpage
Frankfort, Illinois
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while delivering our daughter to her Freshman year at FSU. Usually I stay at hotels on the outskirts of town, but, we seem to be late to everything at the University. This time, I thought I'd try staying in town, plus, the outside town hotels' rates were all quite a bit higher.

This hotel is modern, sleek, contemporary, and comfortable. The only problem was that every time the ac unit would turn on, the filtered air smelled EXTREMELY moldy. I always seemed to be in a hurry, so I never got a chance to talk to anyone about this.

One other thing worth noting: the parking space is limited at this hotel. It's not terrific when you come in late in the evening and have to drive around town looking for a parking space.

All-in-all, this hotel was a relief from the "everyday" hotels.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the University direction. Beautiful view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kpavlik
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My daughter is a Junior at FSU and is in the Tri-Delta Soroity. I love staying at Aloft because it is very near the beautiful FSU campus and where my daughter lives. Tallahassee is the capital of Florida and the hotel is in the downtown area near the capital building and great downtown restaurants.

Room Tip: Seventh floor was great because of the city view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Doing the college tour this summer with my daughter, we wanted to stay in places that were not only close to the college/universities, but gave us a wow and fun factor! After a while, you really do get bored with the same old hotel settings. Not so with aloft Tallahassee! Totally for family, business, and single-person travelers! What hotel can boast a pool table in the same area as lounge that offers comfortable seating with a modern twist? Plush comfy chairs and loungers; a bar where you can get nonalcoholic and alcoholic drinks; an area to hang out before hitting the town's restaurants and night life; and a cool and easy access beverage/food area to take care of hunger pangs or fussy children. Did I mention the pool? Very nice pool and lounge area. And yes, Starbucks is a part of the hotel that even offers up amazing breakfast food! Try the carrot cake waffles! You won't be sorry - just full.

The rooms boast a walk-in shower - nice for a change (not water up to your ankles from a clogged tub - ew!); sink, tiny fridge, coffee/tea bar, and a place to hang all your gear in a neat and tidy space; and the bedroom area has a wonderful flat-screen tv centered on the wall that is easy and effortless to watch from the bed. A bonus for me was the ceilings were not at 7 feet but higher so you don't get that claustrophobic feeling.

The use of space is utilized well. All the comforts, the amenities, in a price we can all afford. Check it out next time you are in Tallahassee. It's right in the downtown area - walking distance to restaurants and nightlife. If she chooses FSU - aloft will see a lot of us. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, FL
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I love the modern decor, efficiently designed rooms, the service, and the ambiance. The bed and pillows were clean & comfy, which is most important to me. Their rewards program is the absolute best in the industry.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank CSKapper
Pensacola Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I took my son with me on a business trip and stayed at this Aloft. I was extremely pleased with all aspects of our stay! The hotel is fresh and clean and aesthetically appealing, and the location was perfect. I had to go to the courthouse and my son, who is an FSU student, had to go to the campus for a meeting with his advisor. The maintenance staff, specifically Kevin, went way above and beyond any service that I expected. My son dropped a piece of jewelry down the drain of the shower, and Kevin came to the room and was very polite and willing to do all that he could to try to retrieve it. I wasn’t there at first, but came back from the courthouse when Kevin was there working on it. He also noticed that the bottom part of the shower door was loose and he also fixed that without anyone saying anything about it. This was my first stay at this Aloft – and I just booked my next stay for this coming Friday night – coming back with my son to look at housing for him for the fall.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family