“Couples night out”

Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Cairo, Georgia
“Couples night out”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We have visited many hotels and Aloft is by far the most hospitable to us. We enjoy spending time together away from home, just to get away for the night, and Aloft is the best fit for us. We enjoy being able to walk to surrounding resteraunts and pubs close by.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank castleberrycarla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was charged for two rooms and only stayed in one! I have called the hotel several times and no one seems to be able to take the charge off. This also happened to my friend. DO NOT STAY HERE!
The actual stay experience was above average. However, the nightmare started at check-out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nicole T
Tampa, FL
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was psyched to stay at the Aloft as many of my friends had said the brand was great and I was anxious to stay in a Starwood bed.

Parking is easy and adjacent to the hotel, the lobby is very cool and modern looking and has a full bar. The desk staff were friendly, playful, and cool...seemed to go with what the brand was trying to project.

The room had been described to me by friends as "Ikea threw up" and this might be accurate. Everything is tiny and compact and the small space is maximized perfectly. It was defintely modern and clean but it had no luxury. There were magazines to look at, plenty of plugs for traveler's tech devices, and an ok sized closet. Bathroom and vanity area were adequate.

My biggest disappointment was the bed. Where was the bed they have at Westin and Fourpoints?? Not here! The bed was fine but it wasn't the luxurious bed at the other SPG properties. I was thinking it was because it is on a platform and not a boxspring, but I have no idea.

It looks cool, but I'm more of a Doubletree or Hilton kind of person...I'd prefer the comfort more than the cool, modern decor and green amenities. But I'd definitely recommend trying it out, it is a great value, a fantastic location, and everyone I know loves it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rachel s
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Overall, I would consider staying at this hotel again.

Positives:
Very help and courteous staff.
Hotel shuttle is very convenient.
Pool
Clean/modern lobby and rooms.
Parking is easy

Negatives:
Room we stayed in was pretty small and compact. The bathroom was undersized for two people to get ready. Not sure if it was just our room as we had family in other rooms that seemed better.
Air Condition was extremely loud and thermostat did not work properly.
Has a hotel bar, but more for the casual drink rather than a Tallahassee type bar. Ended up walking to Level 8 at Hotel Duval (1 block) for a more hip bar.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
southern forida
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Lovely contemporary hotel, friendly help, well-appointed rooms although somewhat small ...a nice bar with good food if you do not want to go to eat after long day on the road. I wish it were closer to I10, but it is worth the few extra miles.

Stayed July 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2013

From check-in all the way to check-out, everyone was friendly and very helpful. Grace Kelly is a true gem - you should give her a raise!!! There was also a very friendly manager type who greeted me during check-in. We rode the elevator twice with a gentlemen who was moving carts of things between floors - he was friendly with a great smile. The bartender was very friendly and broke a large bill for me with a smile. In summary, everyone seemed to be glad to be there, and seemed to enjoy what they were doing. Also, we really liked the sort of modern 'hip' styling of this hotel. The free business center was nice. The room was very nice, and the layout was interesting - not just a bed against one wall and a desk on the other wall :) Also - we had to check out very early, and the gentleman who was on duty also had a smile for us. If we are in Tallahasse again, we will definitely stay at the Aloft!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear MMc14,

The TEAM at the Aloft has many smiles and I am glad you commented about them about your recent stay. Grace is a gem and wish I could give everyone a raise :)

We wait for your soon return to the Aloft Downtown.

Patsy Pagan
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We arrived after a 9 hour drive from Miami. Free parking adjacent to the hotel was a plus. Check in was quick & smooth, but the desk clerk did not know about the 2 free drinks that were to be included in our rate. Lobby is a bit dark, but it fits with the style of the hotel. Our room on the 6th floor overlooked the pool. There was a musty smell, but either it went away or we got used to it. My husband commented the room seemed like a corridor, it is a bit long & narrow. I liked the layout. Flat screen TV mounted on the wall between the 2 windows. Bathroom is divided into 2 parts, sink/dressing area, sliding mirrored door to toilet/shower area. Nicely done. All Bliss toiletry products. The one bad comment I have about cleanliness, there were stains on the comforter. I asked housekeeping to change them. They did come right away. Used the free shuttle first day to FSU. Schedule says it starts at 7am, but the employee was late, I waited 30 minutes until the desk clerk had back up, then he took me. I spoke to another guest later who had a much longer wait coming back. W xyz Bar was a nice place to relax & chill out, though the blonde bartender needs an infusion of personality! Could we get a smile? I'd stay here again and likely will, because my daughter starts FSU in August.

• Stayed June 2013