“Excellent Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Leesburg, Florida
“Excellent Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I came to the Aloft for a short business stay. Everyone was so accommodating and friendly. I was traveling alone, so that was very comforting! Ate in the bar area, great food. Room was clean and very well laid out...big bathroom and great shower. Certainly didn't feel cramped like many other hotel bathrooms. Great beds, too. Very comfortable. But what was most impressive to me was how a potential problem was handled. I was there as a speaker for a conference. I got involved with the conference and forgot to check out. Rather than arguing with me or charging extra, the front desk assisted me pleasantly, said they understood, charged me nothing, and brought my bag to me to save me the trouble. Now that's service with a smile! They are a fine example of how a hotel should treat its customers! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Andrea G,

We can not wait until you come back either! Thank you for the kind words about your stay!

patsy.pagan@alofthotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We LOVE the Aloft!! We stay there whenever possible. We are season ticket holders for FSU football and spend many weekends in the fall. We were just there for the FSU spring game weekend. The think I love most is that they are TRULY dog friendly. They do not charge a penny extra for dogs. You would only have to pay for any damage your dog(s) do, which in our case is none. Other hotels charge extra per night or charge an non-refundable "cleaning" charge. They say that they do extra cleaning after a dog has been in the room. I prefer to stay somewhere that they do extra cleaning in all rooms. My dogs are clean and do not make any extra messes. We also love the Bliss products. Shower gel and shampoo are already in the shower for you. Staff is so friendly and professional. Beautiful pool area. It is in walking distance to the downtown area. I highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Hope,

It was great exchanging emails about your stay! Thank you for bringing your four legged family, we do enjoy the entire family coming to visit!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hotel had a great location, staff was very polite, the rooms where clean and the lobby had plenty of things to do from the bar, to the pool table.Loved the lounge area. The best part of the hotel is you feel like your on vacation everyday, the cleaning crew doesn't come to your room till after 12 now that's relaxation. The parking can be better a little pricey but everything else was great. Five stars

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
The talent members wanted me to thank you for sharing your experiences with the world!

We value you as a loyal guest!

At your service,

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I traveled to Tallahassee for the annual FSU Spring Game weekend with his parents. We had booked one room. We checked in late Friday night (around 9pm) and were told that they had run out of rooms with 2 queen beds. The staff were quick to respond and offered us two rooms with single king beds for the same price that we were going to pay for the one room we had originally booked.
Jackie and Anne were especially helpful, friendly, and apologetic (even though this mishap worked out for the better for us).

The rooms are very modern and small, the bathroom only has a sliding door and shares a wall that is right near the head of the bed (can be awkward if staying with family members.)

Bliss products are in each room and the lotion and soap are my favorite!

The bar area downstairs is VERY hip and trendy. The happy hour (everynight) is great, but the regular prices are high.

They offer an assortment of breakfast items and snacks, but again, the prices are fairly high.

The location is smack in the middle of downtown Tally and is within walking distance to everything.

I highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jackie K,

WOW, that is what I like to hear that my two talent members Jackie and Anna took care of your needs. I am so grateful for my team but most importantly, we are so happy you enjoyed being our guest! GO NOLES see you soon.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've driven by the Aloft in my hometown and was intrigued by the exterior decor, so I was pleased when I went to Tallahassee for a client and was put up there. It's definitely a place for the young and active! (Sadly I'm not either of those any more!)

I love clean lines and "European minimalism" but the room closet consisted of a short bar suitable for about five hangars hidden behind a wool drape. I was prepared for a two-week stay and had quite a bit more than that. I was never able to figure out the lighting scheme. Worst of all, there were no drawers at all, only open cupboards. I had to entertain a colleague and couldn't bring myself to unpack until she was gone. (Who wants a colleague to know what one wears to bed?!

However, I loved the reading lights on either side of the bed and the bathroom set up. The thermostat will allow the fan to stay, providing white noise, which is great. I had frequent meetings in the meeting rooms and they were always arranged perfectly. In fact, the employees were the best part of my stay - always cheerful and unfailingly willing and able to accommodate my every business requirement.

There is no room service, just a breakfast bar with cereal, fruit and such, all priced a la carte, and a regular bar that's open after 4 with a few appetizers and drinks. The lobby gets very loud, especially during receptions, but I was on the second floor and never heard a sound once I was in my room. I would definitely go back again, now that I'm better prepared for what the hotel offers.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the main street and higher up if noise is an issue for you - the back is away f...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear CommDoc2000,

I really enjoyed your comments about the hotel and especially about my staff meeting your needs! I am glad you understand the limited space to hang things but mostly love to hear that now that you know the room type you will be prepared for your next visit with us.

Thank you again, I will be sure to thank my staff for making your stay!

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Love this hotel! Full of life. Great location! Rooms are clean and well managed. I even worked out in there gym which I found to be better then expected. Whenever I come to Tallahassee I will always try and stay at Alots. Most of all the staff is outstanding!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Klsignore,

WOW I am so proud to hear my staff was outstanding. I really appreciate to hear you will be a loyal guest of ours!

Thank you so much!

New Orleans LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Hotel is situated downtown which is close walking distance to many restaurants and shops. There is a great bar downstairs with a pool table nearby. Rooms are kind of small but well taken care of and most important..clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel or the nearby Hotel Duval.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Mr. MightlyMouse90,

Thank you for recommending our hotel to Trip Advisor fans! We much appreciate your time and would mostly want you back as a repeat or loyal guest to the Aloft Downtown!

Thank you!