“Great Stay”

Aloft Tallahassee Downtown
Ranked #13 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Loved the Aloft! It stands out from other hotels I stay in at a regular basis. Only travel 215 nights a year and the is hotel is refreshing. Modern look in the bar, meeting plaaces and room. Love the loft feel and the king size bed and 42 inch HDTV. Also love the shower with the natural light coming in plus the sink. In all, a most excellent stay and would want to be here next time I visit Tallahassee. Also would love to stay in an Aloft in any of the other locations.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear Pshega,

We appreciate our loyal guest and thank you for continuing your loyalty to the Aloft Downtown Tallahassee! Many thanks on your awesome comments.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

My stay was comfortable, the staff was extremely helpful and they even assisted me with places to have some good old southern food. I loved the loft feeling of the room. It was my first time visiting Tallahassee and the staff showed me their southern hospitality. I would definitely stay there again when I go back to Tallahassee.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your great comments! We await your return :)

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was disappointed with this hotel. The young woman (skinny, blond) at the front was too focused on herself rather than coming across as welcoming. She wasn't rude, but was aloof and snooty rather than warm and engaging. First impressions count! the lobby area was interesting -- very modern -- but had an odd overly-scented smell that permeated the entire hotel. The music in the elevators was too loud -- in my impression, it felt like the hotel was trying a little too hard to be hip. Moving up to our room, the brown carpet in the hallways was, well, what good thing can you really say about dark brown carpet? I saw spots on the carpet and smudges on the walls. The hotel seemed quite new, yet felt dirty. That sentiment also applied to our room. There were lots of spots and stains on the carpet in our room. I'm sure that if someone cared enough to have those removed, it could have been taken care of, but nevertheless, they weren't cleaned and the carpet looked really dirty. All in all, our room looked like IKEA's vision of a dorm room. Even the way the two queen beds each had their own desks reminded me of my old college dorm. Now that I think of it, my dorm mattress (tho smaller) was waaaaay more comfortable than the ALoft mattress. As another reviewer commented, I did not like the lighting either. I appreciate being ecofriendly, but there's a way to do it in which the end result doesn't make you feel that you are in a Walmart bathroom. Huge hint to hotel managers: create lighting that makes your guests look good and they will like your hotel better! On to further improvements needed -- I felt that it was a rip off to ask guests to pay $5 for parking that was not even monitored by a security guard. If it's not monitored, what exactly are we paying for??? All in all, this hotel had an interesting look, but it was not a warm, cozy or welcoming place to stay. No special effort was made to ensure that guests were comfortable. Signage needs to be improved in the lobby... There was a sign a for everything except the bathroom and stairs (!) On a closing note, if you'd like to warm up the place a bit, hire only warm welcoming folks for the front desk -- people who don't act like they're doing me a favor to check me in (don't just hire those who excude the look you're going for) and maybe offer guests some tea or coffee in the lobby.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Stephaniesmithen,

I would like to see if you would take the time to give me a call about your stay with us at the Aloft Hotel. If you call the direct line my team member will transfer you to my line. I would personally like to apologize about your stay.

Thank you Stephanie and we are truly sorry for not meeting your needs!

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Atmosphere: Modern
Amenities: pool, bar, wifi, good location
Rooms: 42" LCD with HDTV, king bed was firm, shower had a frosted glass window that let in natural light.
Value: government rate at $85.00+tax. Ended up being $100.00. Charged $5 for self park.

• Stayed: November 2012
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Waldosgone,

The Aloft Hotel Thanks you Mr. Waldosgone for posting your comments on TA! We appreciate you taking the time and wait for your loyal return!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a great hotel to stay in if you are visiting FSU campus. It was my second time visiting and as an SPG member - i appreciated the breakfast voucher and late check out! It is a nice hotel - my only real complaint is the lighting in the room -- if you need to use the restroom in the night - turning on the light -- lights up the entire place! The front desk needed more staff when we checked in - but the wait wasn't too bad and staff was nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Good Day!

I love your comments about our hotel! I feel our lighting can also improve but it is part of our GREEN program. I will still look into another option. We thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts.

At your service,

Patsy M. Pagan
GM

Reviewed October 23, 2012

After 2 nights on the innerspring mattresses I left with a great deal of soreness in my back and legs. The street noise from Monroe and Tennessee Streets is very loud and runs till late at night and starts early in the morning. The HVAC is finicky, wanting to blast very hot or very cold with a 1 degree change. The mini-fridge made funny noises until I unplugged it. Overall this is not a good hotel to get a good night's sleep.

I liked the first floor bar and the disco music in the elevators. The design is minimal and eye pleasing but does not make up for the many deficiencies. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Marleyisdead,

I read your comments and wanted to thank you for letting me know that my team was very helpful during your stay! I am sorry about the noise. We do have street noise on the Monroe side and would recommend an inside room if available. Please feel free to stay again, we would love your loyalty.

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I was a bit hesitant as I was worried that this hotel would be loud and not suitable for a business traveler. Not the case at all. Certainly a trendy vibe going on but I'm down with that. LOL! Cool rooms, clean, free bottled water, good happy hour, within walking distance to great restaurants. Free wifi. Late check out available. Friendly and helpful staff. Parking was $5, not bad for a downtown hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Good Day Mr.50,

Thank you for being hip at the Aloft Hotel Downtown Tally. I just enjoy this hotel so much and glad to hear that all ages can too!

Come back soon!