“Perfect location - good price”

Aloft Tallahassee Downtown
Ranked #13 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a great hotel to stay in if you are visiting FSU campus. It was my second time visiting and as an SPG member - i appreciated the breakfast voucher and late check out! It is a nice hotel - my only real complaint is the lighting in the room -- if you need to use the restroom in the night - turning on the light -- lights up the entire place! The front desk needed more staff when we checked in - but the wait wasn't too bad and staff was nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Good Day!

I love your comments about our hotel! I feel our lighting can also improve but it is part of our GREEN program. I will still look into another option. We thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts.

At your service,

GM

Reviewed October 23, 2012

After 2 nights on the innerspring mattresses I left with a great deal of soreness in my back and legs. The street noise from Monroe and Tennessee Streets is very loud and runs till late at night and starts early in the morning. The HVAC is finicky, wanting to blast very hot or very cold with a 1 degree change. The mini-fridge made funny noises until I unplugged it. Overall this is not a good hotel to get a good night's sleep.

I liked the first floor bar and the disco music in the elevators. The design is minimal and eye pleasing but does not make up for the many deficiencies. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Marleyisdead,

I read your comments and wanted to thank you for letting me know that my team was very helpful during your stay! I am sorry about the noise. We do have street noise on the Monroe side and would recommend an inside room if available. Please feel free to stay again, we would love your loyalty.

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I was a bit hesitant as I was worried that this hotel would be loud and not suitable for a business traveler. Not the case at all. Certainly a trendy vibe going on but I'm down with that. LOL! Cool rooms, clean, free bottled water, good happy hour, within walking distance to great restaurants. Free wifi. Late check out available. Friendly and helpful staff. Parking was $5, not bad for a downtown hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Good Day Mr.50,

Thank you for being hip at the Aloft Hotel Downtown Tally. I just enjoy this hotel so much and glad to hear that all ages can too!

Come back soon!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

It's not often I get wound up about a hotel but this one did it! Very contemporary, comfortable and one gets the impression the people that work there enjoy it. The staff was quite friendly and helpful. If you are not familiar with the brand, do a little research. You won't find a full service restaurant on property, but plenty of options for snacks and a healthy breakfast in the lobby area. I really enjoyed the contemporary design in the lobby and guest room. It was nicely appointed and quite comfortable. If on a leisure or business trip, it's certainly worth considering with an ideal downtown location -- near many of the government offices, capitol, downtown business district and close to both FSU and FAMU if an athletic event brings you to town.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Mr. Cool,

Our hotel is the new twist in travel which equals COOL. We appreciate your comments and wait most importantly for you to return to the hotel!

At your service,

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I've stayed here a few times, and keep coming back in spite of the other hotel options in Tallahassee. Not all Alofts are a nice a this one. The check in process can get a bit confusing - especially if a large group comes in at once, but that is part of the lobby's funky charm. The rooms are great, the value unbeatable, and the location is perfect. I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Boston,

Hi Mr. Boston! I enjoyed reading your comments today. The heart of Tallahassee here we are! Thank you again and we appreciate your loyalty.

GM

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I almost always stay at Starwood Hotel properties. I just like the predictability of the hotel chains.

The aloft Hotel in Tallahassee is a great place. I spent a couple of nights there on a business trip in Florida and I really thought I was in a larger city with a more "urban" footprint. The hotel has a standard aloft layout - with a "bar/night club" like lobby and small, European decor rooms. The location is second-to-none in the heart of old Tallahassee.

A word of caution - this is not a high-end hotel. As such, do not stay here if you are looking for a more premium hotel. It is, however, clean, dependable, and in a great location. In addition, the staff were very professional, accommodating and friendly (love that Southern Hospitality).

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

HIP Place in Tallahassee,

We are! Thank you for sharing the news about us! See you next time :)

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Being in our 50ths not where would would normally book , but after a long drive stopped in and was a little taken aback from the young urban design , should of see the look on my face when we entered the room first thought this would be a great place if we were younger lol. The room was very clean modern and cozy , after a walk we headed to the bar again very urben young people's place but once again it was a awful lot of fun , met 4 very nice people at different times exchanged #s with 3 of them uncase the travel to our part of the world (Vancouver) a great evening and spot close to wonderful parks and restaurants ,staff also very good a excellent stay !

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bravewest

I like guest that take chances and like us! We appreciate you trying our new brand and hope you can share the word with your friends and family.