“Great Fun Place to stay!”

Aloft Tallahassee Downtown
Ranked #13 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I normally travel to the Aloft for business. The rooms are fun and unique. The hotel is in a great location, walking distance to several restaurants, close to the university, and great staff!

Room Tip: Great Sushi restaurant right down the road
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LoveTravel E
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear LoveTravel E,

I love to travel too and it's nice to read the comments you wrote about the Aloft Hotel Downtown Tallahassee! We very much thank you for your great comments and wait for your return.

There are newer reviews for Aloft Tallahassee Downtown

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is a relatively new hotel in downtown Tallahassee. Located within walking distance of the Capital and to good restaurants. They have a great bar, which is always hopping. Rooms are small but well designed and very comfortable. Loved the pool table and ping pong table in the lobby. Good breakfast selection and reasonably priced. Nice large pool. Great place to stay!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear GClay59,

I can't tell you enough, how important your comments mean to this hotel. Thank you for the great comments and we wait for your return! If you have anything else you would like to share with me, please call or write :)

850-577-5900 Direct line

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times on trips to Tallahassee. Rooms are always clean and the beds are very comfortable. It is pet friendly, which is good since I bring my Shih Tzu with me. The staff is always friendly. Downsides: the bar is only open from 5pm-12am, no room service, the rooms are on the small side, and some people may not like the traffic noises all night. I personally do not mind the noise because I don't notice it but my boyfriend (who is from a very small, country town outside of Tallahassee) said he couldn't sleep because of all the noise from the cars all night. If you are a city girl like me you will be fine!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Dear Jane D,

I agree with you, this hotel is GREAT! Thank you for sharing with the world! Come back so Jane. We would love to have you and your dog stay again.

850-577-5900 Direct line

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I have stayed here twice now, and while I can say it is definitely a beautifully designed hotel, it is not very functional. The rooms are decorated "W style" meaning very modern, which means a bowl sink, that splashes up everywhere, and a darkly lit shower, with some kind of light that is behind a long rectangular piece of frosted plastic in the wall (the picture is with the light on!). That is the only light in the shower area. There is also very large glass door that clangs shut if you aren't careful. There is a two sided desk but , as you can see from the pictures, one side is usually not usable because the air from the a/c blows directly out on the person who might be using it. The lobby is beautiful and modern looking but most seating is uncomfortable..think long rectangular benches with some throw pillows.
Parking..they have a small parking lot attached to the hotel, which fills up..then a larger one down the hill (up and down stairs with your luggage) and you have to put a parking pass in your car or it will get towed! I arrived at midnight and was alone, so I told her I didn't want to walk outside, downstairs in the dark to my car and put that in, would I get towed? And she said (front desk) I don't know, we don't do the towing and we don't know when he comes. She didn't even offer to have someone like maintenance go and out put it in my car for me? If my husband was there, no problem, but really, such an easy way to show good service.
The bed was fine, the TV was fine, music plays all the time in the lobby and elevator..again think W. Oh and you are on Tennessee st. so fire engines go by all night :( maybe choose a farther location, it may be quieter.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jornic
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

I just read your comments and wanted to apologize that our hotel is not the fit for you. I want to also apologize for the young lady that did not offer to assist you with the parking pass. We do have night house person that could have walked with you. I do hope you can use us again and if you would like to speak to me directly, please call 1-850-577-5900.

At your Service,

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Let me say first off that my family loved the music in the elevators. Lively and current. It is downtown and you will get alot of street noise is your room is on Monroe. Yes, the other reviews are correct but my son wanted to stay on the busy street. What we don't do for our children.
Well kept, stylish and it has an urban feel (even if you are in Tallahassee).
We were within walking distance so this was convenient and they allow pets at no charge.
The rooms are different - non traditional storage space. Shower was very nice - walk in and fully tiled. They are a green hotel so there are dispensers on the wall for body wash and shampoo.
Again a fun modern hotel. If you like traditional this isn't the place for you.
We had alot of noise in a room next to ours and down the hallway (one night) and I finally went down and told them. The issue was addressed and I received some points but did lose a fair amount of sleep. I should have complained sooner (trying not to be a nag).

Room Tip: Keep in mind the hotel is on a main artery and close to FSU. There is night life close by, desirabl...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Modern and Fun!

Yes we are! Thank you for sharing you comments! We are modern and fun and yes, say in rooms on call street or the odd number rooms so you do not here the urban noise on Monroe. Please come back soon.

Patsy Pagan GM Aloft Downtown

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I am here every week for the last few months and every time it’s a different experience. The rooms are minimalistic to the point of feeling less than adequate. The service/cleanliness is questionable. The hotel feels old and worn. There isn’t much advantage of being platinum and the continental breakfast offered is very limiting and not explained anywhere. The irons here have burnt a shirt of mine.
On my last stay the housekeeping missed my room completely. When I got back I called guest services to have it cleaned and was told that they couldn’t clean it as housekeeping was gone for the day. The manager promised to have 7000 points credited to my account (which I haven't gotten yet after over 1 week). I would have appreciated it if the manager offered to move me to a different room that was clean rather than one with dustbins lying on my desk (since the carpet cleaning crew had passed through the same day).
Missed housekeeping, bad irons, dirty sheets, torn towels, soap gel on the bathroom floor covered up with a towel etc. are the summary of my experiences at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

We have spoken in person and just wanted you to know that your points were posted on your account by Starwood. We apologize again, and I will see you this week. Thank you for coming back and giving us another try!

Patsy Pagan
GM Aloft Downtown

Reviewed June 7, 2012

The hotel is centrally located for the downtown, Capitol and university. The rooms are small, but everything is well arranged. The staff is most accommadating and is very friendly and easily approachable. B.J. and Andre were on duty when we checked in and were just a delight!
We were greeted each time we arrived and left and they were very genuine in their interest in our comfort and any needs we had that would make our short stay more enjoyable. We will stay there on our return trip as well.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the side street or the back may be a little quieter than those facing Monroe St.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear Bibbie371,

WOW thank you for writing about my talent members Andre and BJ. I will be sure to tell them they made it to the TripAvisor hall of fame :) Please come back soon, we wait for your return.

Patsy Pagan