“worst ever service”

Aloft Tallahassee Downtown
Ranked #13 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This hotel is every persons nightmare, i stayed there and had my property stolen by and employee, the blame was passed around for so long, then i had to call corporate numerious times to even get something done, i was talked down to by the damn maintenance man!!! now they decided to pay me 100.00 for my boots that was april 26th have not gotten my boots yet.

They suck

Room Tip: dont trust them with your property
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

We do apolgoize for not finding your boots and have requested your credit, you should have it today. We apologize again and hope you can come back soon.

There are newer reviews for Aloft Tallahassee Downtown

Reviewed May 6, 2012

I am writing this from my room here at Aloft.. I can't wait any longer. Here it is:

1. The design sucks. They're trying hard, way too hard, and it shows. There idea of high concept is to put a stripe on it. It already feels dated, and the designer forgot some really important details, like a bathtub,towel hooks (one in the whole bathroom) and a comfortable place to sit. No separate conditioner, just all-in-one like at the Motel 6.

2. No room service. No room service? That's right, no room service. Also, no bathtub. Two of the things I enjoy most about a good hotel.

3. They only give your room 2 towels. Two towels, not even particularly good ones.

4. Everything went wrong from me from the moment I walked it. Took overnight to get the tv box (which is cool, when it works) to work with my computer. Then our take out was missing crucial items, so we had to go all the way back down to the lobby. Plus the food was dried out and not great. When we complained they said, "Sorry. If you were a Starwood Member, we would give you points." But since I'm not, nothing. Barely an apology. Bartender is holier-than-thou and doesn't smile, even in the best of circumstances.

5. Had extra towels delivered, then got out of shower to realize that housekeeping had taken all my towels (why??) except one. Had to call twice to get replacements.

6. Had to have my key re-keyed twice. I guess that it might be my phone or something doing it, but I didn't know that.

At this point, I call the manager and list these complaints. He listens politely but offers nothing. Nothing. I was not ranting and raving. I did not raise my voice. Maybe I should have? I say, something like, aren't you going to do something about all this? And he says, "What would you like for me to do?" I suggested comping a meal and pointed out that he must have been in this situation before and have some idea what to do. He offers me breakfast. But the restaurant doesn't serve breakfast, just snacky items for sale in the snack bar. So I got a muffin. A muffin. And I was left feeling like I was pulling one over on him to get free stuff out of the hotel.

Good things: Pool is nice, although again, towels are in short supply. What is it with them and towels?? Also, pets stay free, which is why I ended up there in the first place. If you don't have pets, go to the Hotel Duval a block away. It's not just pretending to be a good hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We stayed at Aloft in Tallahassee for one night before a wedding. It's a beautiful, modern hotel. The room was clean and bright. The bathroom was awesome with a large shower and good water pressure.

The staff were friendly and helpful and even checked us in a little early. The lounge downstairs was very nice looking and I wish we had stayed longer to check it out.

One word of warning, if you want to sleep in on Sunday bring ear plugs and noise canceling headphones. The church bells across the street will ring several times for several minutes (15 minutes) all morning. Since we had flown in from California and were not adjusted to EST, it was a quite a rude awakening.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2012

tinabeeana,

Yes the church bells can wake some up, please stay on the ODD number side of the hotel, less road and church bell noise :)

Thank you for your other awesome comments!

At your service.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Don't expect to get any sleep until the sun goes down because they spare black out curtains for hip vinyl shades that keep the room as bright as noon all day. I unfortunately stopped here while driving home in order to catch some shut eye. I didn't want to wrap my car around a pole on I-95. The bed wasn't that comfortable either. Some LaQuinta's have better. Oh and they charge $5 to park in their parking lot. After five hours of trying to sleep, even with a t-shirt tied around my head, I checked out. I Will never consider a Loft Hotel ever again...unless I'm in Vegas. The only good thing abut this place is that they allow dogs. My Bichon had a field day marking their outdoor shrubbery.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

cocobuttr72,

I do apologize our hotel did not meet your needs, but happy to hear your dog had fun. Please feel free to try another Starwood Hotel, Westin, W, Four Points are great hotels. I guess our is to hip.

At your service,

Reviewed April 23, 2012

The friendly greeting and staff where amazing Grace and KiKi really made my day i came for one night to visit my son at FSU on the 21st of april and the wonderful greeting dinner recomendation and just great convesration between these two ladies made me glad i choose this place over any other. i truly enjoyed the modern style of the hotel. though a bit noisy from the beeping of the traffic light everyhting elese was wonderful. great beds and there is a wonderful fragnce that i wish i could have in my own home through out the hotel. i advise any one to stop in . the staff was great and great quality price.

Room Tip: i would recomend guest choose a room away from the street unless they are from the city then they wi...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

laura w,

WOW! Grace and KIKI are going to love to see these comments about them, thank you! It's nice to see my guest recognize talent members.

Thank you so much and come back soon!

Reviewed April 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night at this hotel when were in Tallahassee for a concert. The hotel is located very close to the Tallahassee Civic Center (less than one mile). Check in was quick and seamless. Our room was small but perfect for the two of us. I would not choose to stay in this hotel with work acquaintances or friends but for a romantic getaway -- it was great! We had tapas and drinks in the xyz bar. The service was EXCELLENT. We were running a bit late for the show, so we took a cab. Getting a cab after the show was tough but since the hotel was close -- we walked. My only complaint is that there were only 2 towels and washcloths in the room (we didn't try calling for more) but I am sure getting more would not have been an issue. Our rate was $199 for a Saturday night - and although I find that a bit steep - it was worth the price in customer service and convenience.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Babesc247,

The Aloft Tallahassee appreciate you taking the time to write such great comments!

Thank you! Come back soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Stayed with friends for one night in March. We had no reservations but got 2 very nice rooms. Each room was equipped with the newest furniture or technical equipment. Very clean and decent, cool design. We even could park our motorcycles in front of the door, which is not necessarily the case at other hotels. The young girl working at the bar at night was very nice and friendly too. The receptionist recommended us restaurants in the area, was very helpful. If I would return to Tallahassee, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Pierchen,

I will make sure to tell the bar team that you had a great experience at our hotel! We are so proud of our team!

Thank you!