“Location, Price & Comfort...The Best Tallahassee Hotel”

Aloft Tallahassee Downtown
Ranked #13 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We come to Tallahasse 4 times a year and we try to pick a different hotel each time. After 20 or so hotels, we stayed at ALoft. In Tallahasse, if you stay out of football season, the legislative session and student related activities, you can find rooms to be a bargain. We stayed at ALoft for $87 a night. For what we got, it was a bargain. Our room was spotless, the bed was excellent and the bathroom was ultra modern. The staff was very helpful although it is a limited service staff.

On the downside, they charge ala carte prices on their continental breakfast. Fortunately, there are a dozen restaurants within a five minute drive of the hotel. We would definitely stay at this hotel again, just not when they get top dollar for their rooms.

Room Tip: No ice machine, but you get ice at the front desk.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 20, 2011

This is probably more of a business hotel than for tourists and consequently over the weekend when we stayed they were very short staffed and the room was not made up. We did request that it was done as we wanted to return in the afternoon for a rest but the cleaner explained that her shift was over. Similarly the front desk was being run by students, one of whom showed no interest in helping guests and just wanted to get on with her essay!
Although supposedly a boutique hotel the building is unattractive and fairly utilitarian.
However, the room was good,high spec and all the necessary equipment, fridge, hairdryer, lovely shower, fluffy towels. Also pool was a good size .Hotel well situated for the city but on a Sunday night we could not find an open restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ExeterHilary
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about they trendy style of the hotel. We do apologize for the issue you experienced with us and hope you give us another try. If you would like to reach me, please feel free to send me an email, patsy.pagan@alofthotels.com, I would be happy to speak with you further.

Patsy Pagan
Aloft Hotel Downtown Tally

Reviewed August 17, 2011

We stayed at the aloft in June and in May while visiting FAMU. We chose the hotel because we could use Starwoods Points to pay for our stay. The hotel is pretty new, it's clean, and it's centrally located. aloft's are not what I would call luxurious, but the hotel serves the purpose and will be our first choice when we come to Tallahassee.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Staff did not seem to be able to handle a traveling family. We were in Tallahassee and had our son with us on a summer business trip. It seems that unless you were under 25 and single you couldn't get any of the staffs attention, especially downstairs.

The layout was ok, very light and airy and overall the building was clean. The location can't be beat and the tapas at the bar was tasty.

They had a few items for kids however; several members of the staff ruined the entire experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MichaelJC
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

MichaelJC,

I do apologize for the issue you had with us and appreciate your comments. We hope for another try and if you would like to reach out to me, please feel free to call or email.

Patsy Pagán
Aloft Hotel Downtown Tally

Reviewed August 4, 2011

I travel to Louisiana often, and Tallahassee is the half way point. Normally we stay by the interstate, but this time I wanted to try something new. I wasn't expecting much, considering how low the price was, but the pictures online were trendy and cool. We had our small dog with us too, and were pleased to find they accept pets with no fee! When we checked in, the lady at the desk was very nice. The room was clean, comfortable and unique. My 5 year old loved the fact that the pool was open until 11, considering we didn't get there until 9:30pm. They had a very nice dog walking area, lovely breakfast, and a great bar. The only complaint, which isn't really a complaint more of an inconvenience, was there was no tub in the room only a shower, which made bathing my son difficult. Otherwise, I will be back everytime I'm in the area!!!

Room Tip: Request a top floor, the view is beatiful!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Very modern decor and extremely clean. The room was perfect for our family of four. Within walking distance to many restaurants and convenient to the FSU campus. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Great Comments EllenFSU!

Bring your family to visit any time. Go Noles!

Patsy M. Pagan
Aloft Hotel Downtown Tallahassee
patsy.pagan@alofthotels.com

Reviewed July 17, 2011

I don't even know where to start. I am a Starwood preferred guest and I have stayed at Weston hotels all over the world. I was shocked. When I walked the first thing I noticed was the loud music. The entire down stairs area is a bar. When I got off the elevator the odor on my floor was horrible, it smelled like skunk. The room looked like it was decorated with Ikea furniture. If I hadn't driven 9 hours I would have left. There are no amenities, no bell hop. There was a charge for parking and the I was afraid that my car was going to get broken into. The hotel didn't have a restaurant. I am going to contact corporate and let them know how disgusting this hotel was.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Susans45

I am very sorry that our hotel did not fit your needs. The Aloft Brand comes from the W Hotel, but we are not full service. We are trendy, with music playing 24/7, open space area that includes a bar. Our rooms are simple and designed to be GREEN efficient. If I can help you with anything else, please feel free to contact me!

Patsy M. Pagan