“OK but better local options”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee I-10 East
Ranked #47 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Panama City Beach
“OK but better local options”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Stayed one night for a soccer tournament.

Pros: cheap, free breakfast, fine for one night

Cons: worn rooms, poor water pressure, uncomfortable beds, doors to rooms must be pulled closed, bad location

There are much better centrally located options but all in all it was fine. Will not stay here again with the available choices.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Promoted as a "new" hotel....but NOT...everything about this hotel is shoddy, in
comparison to other Country Inn & Suites we have stayed in, in the past.
Bathroom was dirty...walls in the room were soiled, and all bed linens were threadbare!
And worn out pillows....
Found insects in the room....the lamp and clock radio were unplugged when we
got to the room!!!
When commenting to the reception at checkout, they totally ignored our problems, or
took no consideration about it.....the whole breakfast areas was shoddily put together
and theofferings were very poor...

Room Tip: Everything you would expect from a third world managed and owned hotel........
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bluemountain66
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 14, 2012

When I say this hotel exceeded expectations, keep in mind that I did not expect much. We usually stay in 4+ star hotels, but we booked through Priceline, and our options in Tallahassee were very limited. After reading some of the negative reviews on Trip Advisor, I was a little concerned about what we might be walking into, but it was a pleasant experience. I have paid less for higher quality hotels in larger markets, but Tallahassee tends to be overpriced, both for hotels and in many other ways.

Some of the reviews mentioned bugs & dirt, and we saw neither. Also, the staff were the complete opposite of rude. We had no issues or conflicts, so we did not put them to the test, but even the maintenance guy was very friendly when we passed him in the hall.

The rooms, lobby, and eating area seemed clean, although everything looked a little worn. The room was small, but the beds were comfortable. I was not sure if I should expect bathroom amenities, hair dryer, coffeemaker, etc., but all of that was there. The internet connection was somewhat hit or miss. There were a fair number of people staying there, and yet it was very quiet, which was a pleasant surprise. The person staffing the breakfast was attentive and helpful, and we also got more than we expected for breakfast, which was included: eggs (no, not especially good ones), sausage, bagels, toast, waffle mix with a waffle iron for making your own, and cereal, juice, coffee, etc. There were warm cookies at check-in, though I noticed they didn't always have them. There is a Waffle House next door, and a Publix nearby, also a Walmart not too far away. The refrigerator was nice to have, and the A/C was quiet, not a problem like I read in some of the reviews.

Their "token" pool area is bare bones, but it did appear clean & decently maintained. One security concern was that the pool gate from the parking lot was not locked (there is no lock on it, it is always that way), and the door from the pool area into the building was propped open. So anyone off the street could have accessed the hotel.

This hotel is pretty far out from town, but it is right across the street from the automobile museum. The Circle K gas station right next to the hotel had very good prices. If you are going to do much in Tallahassee, this would not be too convenient, but it is right off I-10 so would be a good stopover if you are driving along the interstate. The interstate & highway noise was not a problem, and our room faced the highway.

Room Tip: If you can get an even-numbered room you will face the woods behind the building.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed February 13, 2012

This is our hotel of choice when we visit our children at FSU. Although there are certainly hotels nearer to campus, we have found most of the hotels closer to central Tallahassee to either be not as well run or considerably more expensive. Thus far the rooms have always been clean, the staff friendly. Breakfast leaves a bit to be desired but that is true of most free breakfasts.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
state college
Reviewed February 7, 2012

It was a pleasant and great surpise to see well trained employees who know how to treat guest , hard to find nowdays, very polite and helpful, made reservation for another country inn and suites, helped me to make waffles in the morning, room was meticulously clean and well maintained.
The bed was so comfortable i didnt want to wake up and finally i made some future reservation .

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Tampa
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Stayed at this property in December and beware of rude staff expecially managers. Completely unhelpful and managers hid from dealing with issues leaving front counter staff to deal with our complaints and others standing there with complaints at the front counter as well. Breakfast not very fresh as promised. Rooms very dated and dirty and not up to Country Inn standards that we were used to. Not worth the money.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The room in general and the bathroom were clean and well equipped, location close to I10 in our travel to and front Orlando was excellent. The price was adequate for the room. The personnel like Erika, her sister and the kid in the front desk that help my grand kids to find their toys, to all of the big thanks, excellent costumer services.
The breakfasts were excellent and fresh.

Room Tip: If your group have 6 members, be sure to get the biggest rooms so you can place a rolling bed inside...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family