“Good Sushi for Tallahassee”
Review of Sakura

Sakura
Ranked #51 of 830 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Went with a group of colleagues for a dinner. Nice private rooms in the back of restaurant. Food was great. Service excellent. Will be back

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Had the sushi started with tuna roll tuns was mush not a filet cut...and it went downhill from there....used to be good...key word used to be

Reviewed January 14, 2012

My first trip to Sakura was awesome the waitress was very helpful and told me about a dish that was exactly and even better than what I wanted.(Sushi) On my second trip I couldn't remember the name of the dish and tried to describe it to the waiter Rob. He had no clue :( He advised me it was the sushi roll so I ordered it on his recommendation. What a mistake!!! I told this is the same thing Publix sells and he said yes but I think ours taste better, not true taste worse because he never brought any soy sauce nor did he come back to ask if we needed any thing. So for my dinner I had a public appetizer because of Rob :) and a good experience turned to a bad one. I was so upset and do not want to go back because of him. Some Japenese lady quickly came by and said every thing ok and didn't even give me the chance to get the words out before she was gone. Rob collected the bill and someone else brought us the change had to ask the hostess the name of our waiter. Robs lucky he got a tip at all he should be glad for what he got from us, a penny would of been to much for me to leave. I understand the food is good but they need to step up their game or like other restaurants in Tally they will be out of biz. Customer service means a lot in this economy and our food should of been compd for lousy service. They were not busy at all. Sakura you make me angry!!!!

Reviewed December 11, 2011

It's a classic sushi joint. Long sushi bar and table service. The good? Service was great! The rolls looked awesome! The tempura was tasty as well. Pretty much everything we had cooked was good. They also have a happy hour but sadly it covers only booze and appetizers. Discount rolls are the norm in other parts of the world.

Now as a sushi place the fish is so so. Some of the sashimi I ate was rather flavorless. The soy sauce provided was not very good and the miso was awful. The Ginger was not very good either.

It's probably a warning sign when the menu makes you aware that sushi contains uncooked fish.

Would I return? You bet!!! I have a sneaking suspicion that is is the best sushi place for miles.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

I had a miso soup and a seafood soba noodle. Also tried their steamed shrimp dumplings, they were very good. the soup was very good too. The noodles were OK. The server was very friendly.