“Good burgers!! Excellent shake!!”
Review of Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #326 of 859 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is a nice restaurant. Didn't eat inside, but the place looked decent. Employees were nice. $4 burger and fries deal is a great deal. Shakes are to die for.

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

We walked in...turned around after seeing the entirely disgusting bathroom and atrocious dinning room.. service was so bad we left....

NOT RECOMMENDED off exit
196 off I-10.

Better go to waffle house on exit 196... it rocks

Reviewed November 9, 2013

this steak n shake was horrible never coming back. burger was burnt. fries tasted like poo. Service was horrible the smoothies were frozen never was blended chunks of fruit frozen too

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Leaving Tallahassee, heading home and hungry, there on the horizon appeared this oasis of red,white and chrome, a throw back to 50's diners of yore.Opting for my usual drive thru, I ventured outside my usual burger and opted for a "Frisco Melt". When I asked the order attendent about this, she really had no clue, no advice to give or take away. My order arrived rather quickly for a place notorious for long waits. My sandwich consisted of 2 thin "pucks" patties between grilled sourdough with a white a yellow cheese, perhaps onion particles, and a dressing that tasted suspiciously like bottled Russian. This combintation of flavors actually worked, leaving drips of grease and dressing running down my wrists! The fries were so non descipt we will let it go at that. When I fiished I was going to attempt the drive thru again for a shake, but I had been observing on car for over 15 minutes, so I figured they were back up to speed.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I've eaten here dozens of times and always have a pleasant experience. The food is consistently good, and I like being able to dine in for basically fast-food prices, especially if I take advantage of specials or use the coupons that come in the mail. The waitstaff are all nice, and the manager comes by to check on the patrons. My favorite menu item is the steakburger, hands down my favorite burger from anywhere. I order it with cheese, mayo, pickle, onion, lettuce, and tomato, and before the first bite I raise it in salute to Roger Ebert, best movie critic ever, who loved S N S and wrote a description of the steakburger that is the most eloquent ode to a burger I've ever read. Chili 5 Ways is also great, as are the hot dogs. The Grilled Chicken Salad, with a side of avocado and light dressing, is always fresh and delish.

1  Thank MKBlackwood