“Good Choice in Downtown Tally,”

Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille
Ranked #3 of 836 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Bar, Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille of Tallahassee featuring good food, good times and all the flavors of New Orleans! Located close to the Florida State University campus. Harry's offers the perfect setting for lunch, happy hour or dinner, as well as a great pre-game destination before watching your favorite FSU team!
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We went to Harry's this past Sunday evening after attending another event downtown. We've been to this restaurant a number of times previously and generally had good experiences each time. This was no exception. Even though its a chain (a small one of five restaurants in FL), in Tallahassee it is one of the better restaurants serving some cajun and creole dishes. They advertise themselves as being a New Orleans "style" Restaurant and that is true, albeit the recipes are milder than what you might get in NO. Better to appeal to the masses unfamiliar with LA food, I suppose.

I ordered the shrimp etouffee and my partner ordered a Caesar salad with grilled salmon. A caesar salad with salmon is not offered on the menu, but the waitress indicated they could do that. They didn't charge us any more than the price of a Caesar salad with chicken. She received a generous portion of salmon and was quite pleased with the salad. My shrimp etouffee was also good with a mild sauce. I believe a true shrimp etouffee should be made with a roux and this did not have that, but it was pleasant non the less. The shrimp were of a good size, plentiful, and cooked just right. Not overdone as is easy to do with shrimp. The rice was also properly cooked.

Our waitress was prompt and attentive. No complaints. We were seated in a booth near the bar, but there is outdoor seating on a balcony that overlooks part of Tallahassee, including FSU (at a distance), and when the weather is nice, its a good place to eat.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Happy hour Hurricanes, fresh blackened redfish (tastes like it was swimming recently), and to end the meal: Oreo beignets & chocolate bread pudding. Great New Orleans style atmosphere combined with a friendly waitress made for a perfect night out. We will definitely return for round two soon!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

My family of 7 and I had dinner there on 4/26. Although the Craw-fish Festival was going on they were able to seat us rather fast. We sat outside facing FSU. It almost felt like you were somewhere else and not in Tallahassee. The view was great and relaxing!! The food was great also!! Great Experience!!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Wanted to eat somewhere within walking distance from our downtown hotel, so we chose Harry's. I was not expecting too much, so it was well beyond my expectations. The ambiance was nice with a great view of FSU across the little valley. Since it has a cajon theme, I went with the deluxe Po Boy and was very glad that I did. The French brea was perfect; slight crunch on to and nice and soft on the inside. It was filled with shrimp, crawdads, bacon, oysters, lettuce, tomato, and a killer sauce…. it was one of the best I've ever had. Follow that with a Oreo bignette, and I was in heaven.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We love Harry's. It's consistently good food at very good prices.

My favorite is the jambalaya. So much on the plate that I take some home and have two more meals from the box later on. My wife loves the salmon.

Weather permitting, we try to sit outside on the great veranda. Great views of the west part of town to FSU. Easy parking in the city garage downstairs. If you're having a party, this is the place!

We get coupons from time to time with $10 off. The management here is very cool, accepting even those coupons that expired two months ago. Great customer service.

For what it tries to do, it's as good as any in town.