“Hidden gem”

Mom & Dad's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mom & Dad's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 801 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tallahassee, Florida
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This is a quaint family owned eatery that has withstood the test of time in our finicky city. The food is classic Italian comfort food, and you get a ton of it. Way better and simpler than the chain Italian type joints.

Visited October 2011

“Don't bother unless you have no taste”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Visiting for 2 days we wanted good Italian food. We came in about 7:30pm were seated quickly and waited over 10 min. for drinks. Others coming in after us were served drinks,bread and butter. We asked for bread and were told they had to make more and we waited 10 more min. Food was mediocre. Will never go back.

Tallahassee, Florida
“Used to be a favorite”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

As a young girl I grew up eating at mom and dad's more than 40 years ago. It was my favorite Italian restaurant. The spaghetti a la buzzi is the best. A couple years ago we had such poor service that we have not returned. Very disappointing. The waiter argued with my husband about what he ordered and then didn't bring out the correct dish until after the other 3 of us had finished. By that time my husband said to forget it. They didn't offer any apologies or try to make it correct. I hope things have gotten better.

Thomasville, Georgia
“Very good homestyle Italian.”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

There are several branches of these in Valdosta, Thomasville, Tallahassee, etc. The Thomasville location is the best. Be sure to get the cheese bread. The manicotti is excellent. And the filet is to die for. French fries are excellent. All the bread is homemade as is the pasta. Very good.

Lake City, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Food”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Mom and Dads have great Italian food, the lasagna is great their secret homemade sauce is some of the best you will ever have. I'm not from Tallahasee but I have been visiting Mom and Dads for 20 hrs. Everyone is very friendly I've never been disappointed . When my daughter was 5 (she's now 21) she left her favorite bedtime buddy behind after getting back to her grand mas we called Mom and Dads and they had found it but were closed. My daughter was crying and one of the employees ( don't remember who) offered to meet us off of the expressway exit on his way home to return it. Now that's service above and beyond. No one in our family has ever forgot the special treatment we got that night at Mom and Dads. It seems to be a place not everyone knows about but I sure am glad I do. I highly recommend if you think you make good Italian food I bet you'll agree they do it better.

• Visited November 2011