“Could be better, but could be much worse”

MainStay Suites Tallahassee
Ranked #57 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Garland, Texas
“Could be better, but could be much worse”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is not the worse by far, but it could be better. We stayed in a room with 2 beds which was great for my family! The room was VERY small. Upon opening the door, we almost tripped over the first bed! It was right there. I have never been in a room so small. They also did not have shampoo, conditioner or shower jell in the dispensers in the shower. The only security thing that worried me was a door away from the front desk had no lock on it (it was broken) so anyone could walk in and have access and not be seen. Because of that, lack of supplies in the shower and the room size is the reason I give it a 3. Our room was clean, comfortable and very quiet! I got our room on Priceline so got a great deal. If I would have paid full price, I would have been very disappointed!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank robindintexas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Very disappointing. I had stayed in Sheraton Hotels before and was not disappointed. However, this time was beyond disappointing. I won't be able to recommend this hotel to any of my business associates.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Rhondilynne
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stayed there May 28, 2012. My room was diirty, carpets stained, smelled bad, and beat-up furniture and fixtures. Need I say more?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Albert A
New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Maybe my expectations were set too high but I was "Not Impressed at ALL" by the Four Points by Sheraton. I don't know maybe I just expect more from a "Sheraton" property. The staff was great. I had little interaction, but for what we did converse they were friendly and receptive. It really was just the property that disappointed me.

First of, it was a bit hard to find, I'm glad I had GPS and know my way around Tallahassee. The property is set way off of the highway AND behind a kinder care business. Figuring out WHERE the front door is another challenge in it's self. (almost needed GPS for that.) The lobby is small, not cramped but small. Going to my room, the floor in the upstairs hall was un-level. This is clearly a wood frame constructed building and not as sound. Non-the-less you shouldn't feel the joints and seams through thick heavily padded carpet. The room was small but new and nicely appointed. The "drop in" shower was dirty with mold on the ceiling and clearly not well constructed or planned out.

Besides the staff not really much good I can say of my stay there. Thankfully it was short and the room was cheap.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank WJames007
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 3, 2012

King size room was small, but I was alone so it was sufficient.

Bed and pillows were uncomfortable.

Hot breakfast was offered for free in my package, but I only had it the first day and would not go back (even though it was free). The food quality was not great, the selection was lame because it was so busy and they couldn't keep up with keeping it stocked. There was only one person and almost all of the tables were full with customers. I had stomach issues after the breakfast and had breakfast elsewhere the next day.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 27, 2012

To be honest, after reading the reviews posted here at tripadvisor, I was a little weary of my stay at this hotel. But, upon checking in, my worries immediately melted away. The front desk staff was friendly and professional. My room was clean, homey, and modern. The pool was great. The hotel, overall, is well appointed and has its own bar. And it is in a nice area of Tallahassee. I will say it's definitely tucked away off the main road - would have had trouble finding it without my GPS.

I'd stay here again and not think twice about it. As far as the other reviews about the hotel - I don't really know what people are thinking. This hotel is a high-quality 3 - 3 1/2 star property. Not a Hyatt - but certainly not a Quality Inn either.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Middletown, New Jersey
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Nice hotel,nothing fancy but clean & well kept. Somewhat tricky to get to as its located on somewhat of a side road but my GPS got me there. Had a king size bed, room was "compact", very clean in all aspects. This brand is not what I would call fancy, always well kept and definitely worth the money and a nice place to rest for the night. The little amenities they throw in like the free water bottles and assorted coffee is a nice touch.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo