“Great Ribs”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My 13 year old tells me he's never had baby back ribs. Never had baby back ribs? What's my problem? I am a terrible father. I knew just the cure. I took him to Sonny's. I knew of Sonny's reputation for consistently tasty baby backs, and they did not disappoint. The ribs were perfectly BBQ'd, tender, smoky and appropriately sauced. Fantastic sweet tea and delicious baked beans rounded out a good experience. Thanks Sonny's!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Meal was plentiful well cooked and tasty.
Good and pleasant service by our server.
Clean and welcoming.Id certainly go again.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Having only been to Oakwood (and having my friend rave about Sonny's being better BBQ), I was excited to try it. We were there on a Monday at lunch time, and it was really busy. We waited about 15 minutes for a table for 8.

The service was slow. The server was very nice but you could tell they were busy and she was really running around. We waited on drinks, then drink refills, and then to get the food. The wait for the food was really crazy, I think close to 30 minutes. Had I known it would take so long, I would have gotten the salad bar which I believe is a lunch offering.

Service notwithstanding, the food was great when it finally came out. I had pulled pork with mac and cheese and beans, and everything was hot and tasty. I liked all of the sauces offered too. I think Sonny's has a leg up on Oakwood with their corn bread. It's awesome.

Would I go back? Absolutely, but maybe not when they are so busy. I thought the pricing was the same as Oakwood too and the food was great.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

good basic BBQ resturant. Ribs always good but pulled pork is wonderful. try all the sauces and find your personal fav. Corn bread is the sweet type if that is your pleasure

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Nothing here that you will write home about, but you will leave full and satisfied and you won't overpay for what you get. The ultra-fast service makes you wonder how many hours ago your food was prepared. Skip the french fries - they always taste like frozen ones that are still luke-warm. Go for the baked regular or sweet potato instead. They CAN brag about their ribs and cole slaw.