“Transport Yourself to Italy”
Review of Specchio Cafe

Specchio Cafe
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Surfside
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Seattle, Washington
“Transport Yourself to Italy”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Looks are deceiving. This little hole in the wall is not at all flashy but it is true Italian food at its best and once seated, it is kind of romantic. The service is good. The food is authentic and you will be pleased with any variety of good dishes they serve.

• Visited February 2014

USVI
“The owner, John, is there to greet you and supervise every dish that is served.”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Want to experience SPECIAL? Choose one each afternoon or evening. My favorite is Snapper with capers, roasted potatoes and asparagus. Save room for the warm cheese cake square.
This is my favorite restaurant in Surfside. When I get off the plane, it's the first stop I like to make. It makes me feel like I am home again! Bravo John.

• Visited January 2014
McLean, Virginia
“A Pleasant Experience”
Reviewed December 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We wanted a simple and enjoyable dinner, and we found it at Specchio. A few tables outside, and cafe style ambiance inside, where we sat. Food was high quality, service was friendly and timely. Manager was accessible and friendly. It all made for a fun evening with good food in a pleasant atmosphere.

Visited December 2013
Helsinki
“Don't be fooled, it's much better here than across the street !”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We lived few years in Italy, and this I hate those places abroad where they are proposing pizza and pasta, so they can stick the words Italian Restaurant while they have probably never put a foot in the country.

I took a look at all reviews around, but despite the very positive feedback on this one, my wife was attracted by a more 'shiny' restaurant.
After a peek at the menu, and the feedbacks on our cell phones, she agreed to come back on my first choice : Specchio Café !

Despite that the place doesn't look fancy from outside, don't hesitate, the most important must be in your plate.

So why going there ?

First, the owner of this Italian restaurant is ... Italian, and know what will be in your plate.
Second, the menu contains real Italian food !
Third, it tastes like in Italy.

Let's hope that he will add some Limoncello for the dessert in the future !

Enjoy

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Eric_PAQUAY
“Nothing special. Food well prepared, but service perfunctory, nothing more.”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

While Speccio was solidly good, I was expecting more based on reviews in Yelp and Trip Advisor. This could be any Italian restaurant in any city in the US, so was disappointed based on reviews as best Italian regardless of city. Waitstaff limited in English; ok if Italian, but they are Hispanic with limited English or Italian

Ok, but I will try Ragazzi's next time right across the street.

Been to Specchio Cafe? Share your experiences!