“Family Vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Surfside
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Family Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

If ever you need the best accommodation in South Beach Miami, look no further , there is no better Hotel to be found than this establishment. We stayed in a two bedroom unit , very spacious , high quality furniture and extremely clean. Sitting in the centre of the property is a absolutely beautiful pool, with top class pool furniture, you even have access to beach umbrellas and beach chairs. The beach is just across the road. The highlight of our stay was the Manager Luiz , he welcomed my family and I with the best coffee ever !! From there his service just kept on blowing us away, nothing was to much for him and his staff. We requested a late check, this was again not a problem for him and his team. This was the best stay in our three week holiday !!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Andre0015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

The hotel is simple, like a guest house. It doesn't have any room services, but it has bigger advantages. First the staff, Luis and Vanessa are great and will make your stay very pleasant.We had a problem with the credit card and they made us feel very welcome and secure that the problem was going to be solved. The rooms are huge and I think this is the only miami beach hotel that doesn't charge you for parking, internet and any packages you may receive. Overall great stay, would stay there again

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Carmen S
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Sun Harbour Boutique Hotel is really clean and I and my wife loved the atmosphere. The suite feels like home with a nice bedroom, living room and a small kitchen with everything you need.The beach is just across the street and you can take an umbrella, chairs or towels from the hotel to the beach. Luis who is the manager at the hotel is very friendly and always ready to help.We also had the best espresso coffee at the hotel.Also the location is very good because right behind the hotel you can find anything you need like good restaurants,stores,banks,cafes and many more interesting places.There is a nice outdoor pool for lots of fun as well.
We are very happy for staying at such a nice hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank AlboDidi25
Poprad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

The hotel is really great. It's close to a busy street but there is no noise from the street neither in the room nor in the pool. The rooms and pool are clean and the staff is very nice and helpful. The pool with jaccuzy is heated so even if you can't swim in the ocean, you can relax in the pool. The rooms are big enough for 4 adults, we were 3 adults in a one bedroom suite. In the room is fully equipped kitchen with fridge, owen, and dishwasher.

Room Tip: nr. 11 or 18 are quite and big
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Silvia S
ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Picked this hotel based on reviews and TA and I am happy I did. Spent 3 nights in this hotel recently.

Rooms (2 bed suite) was very clean and spacious. The pool is lovely with a great seating area - like an oasis just off the main street. Good facilities in the kitchen and bathrooms.
The area itself is quite residential, not too many restaurants or bars. However, much better value than South Beach.

Found the staff helpful, we were a group of 4 adults, however 2 more family members came down to visit us as a surprise. We thought this might be an issue (some places might make you pay for another room) but we were allowed to have them stay with us on the pull out sofa bed at no extra cost which was great.

Not sure I would return - but that is nothing to do with the hotel, I wouldn't probably choose a different area if I was returning.
Would 100% recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank murphy_sa
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Just spent 9 nights here and I will be back. I travel on Business and have stayed in the more expensive hotels nearby - but never again – I have found the place I will come back to. What can I say – beach across the road, surfside restaurants just round the corner. Comfortable quiet room, great staff – perfect in every way.

Room Tip: think you will struggle to find a bad one!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank callyamble
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

I have stayed at several of the larger hotels in the North Miami area. This the ONLY boutique size hotel/villa in the area. For years I have tried to secure a room here but they were always sold out whenever I was going there. I understand why. Bal Harbor is a pricey area. This place has the absolute best rates. Trust me!

While I did not feel the interior warranted over $350 per night, that thought was quickly dismissed by the exceptional customer service, peaceful stay and local area. This is more of a bed and breakfast (without the breakfast, but they do offer coffee) Luis and Vanesa are very accommodating, they take the time to give you a full tour of the property, let you know what is around the local area. If you want to feel glamorous, pampered and spend an arm and a leg, go to the St. Regis, if you want to feel like you're home away from home.. stay here. This is the best place I have stayed at in the Bal Harbor area and my new place when visiting North Miami. Absolutely my first choice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EnGee1976
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfside
Grand Beach Hotel Surfside
The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
Residence Inn Miami Beach Surfside
Sea View Hotel
Sea View Hotel
#3 of 5 in Bal Harbour
Grand Beach Hotel Surfside West
The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour, Miami

Been to Sun Harbour Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!