Solara Surfside Resort
  • Breakfast included
$183
$600
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel Bay Harbor(Bay Harbor Islands)
$135
$131
Agoda.com
TRYP by Wyndham Miami Bay Harbor(Bay Harbor Islands)(Great Value!)
$135
  • Pool
Daddy O Hotel(Bay Harbor Islands)(Great Value!)
$113
$89
  • Room Service
Beach Place Hotel(Miami Beach)
$109
$93
TripAdvisor
Coronado Hotel(Surfside)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbluegreen ownersvalet parkingfull kitchensouth beachhot tubgrills and picnic tablesbbq areabeach chairsone bedroom apartmentocean viewgreat beach accessvalet servicerestaurants and shoppingthe staff was friendly and helpfulart decoshort driveliving area
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Our 4th time at Solara, in a 2 bedroom ocean front unit. You can find us on our balcony in the early morning waiting for the sun to rise, at breakfast lunch and dinner (if we eat in) or later in the day to enjoy gazing at the ocean. We simply cannot get enough of this place. The property is small compared to most Bluegreen resorts. We like small and cozy! The staff is friendly and helpful, it is nice to see them year after year. We walk everywhere, lots of restaurants in area. Beautiful walking trails between the resort and the ocean connecting to Bal Harbor. South beach a bus ride away. The ocean is warm in April and the breeze is constant. The pool is heated!

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom ocean front are the best
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BubblesLaRu
BluegreenCares, Manager at Solara Surfside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Hello BubblesLaRu,

Thank you for returning to Solara Surfside and sharing another review. We are thrilled you cannot get enough of the resort. We appreciate your compliments regarding the staff, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I would label this as an above average resort. The room is not the nicest I've ever stayed in but better than most. The staff are all friendly and helpful, especially Sergio, Carlos, and Kramer. They offer a free 5 x 7 photo of your family anywhere on the premises which we took advantage of. We missed the fruit smoothies and ice cream sundaes while we were on the beach but did partake in the cookie frenzy on Wednesday of our visit. You can get up to four complimentary beach chairs so no need to lug your own. However, don't look for a chair on a cloudy day because you'll be disappointed.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
BluegreenCares, Manager at Solara Surfside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Hello sevensluky,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Solara Surfside. We are delighted you had a great beach trip. We appreciate your compliments regarding our staff as our goal is to share happiness with all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

As a Bluegreen owner I've been able to visit a few hotels and I'm always happy however, the EXCELENT service from Mr. Hilliard, Dayana and Jorge make a big difference. They were very nice and always making sure we had what we needed. The hotels location is great, the rooms are very comfortable and the hotel is next to the beach. Overall is an awesome resort!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Wyllie G
BluegreenCares, Manager at Solara Surfside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Hello Wyllie G,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Solara Surfside as a Bluegreen owner. We are pleased you enjoyed the location and found the rooms very comfortable. We appreciate your compliments regarding the staff as our goal is to share happiness with all of owners and guests. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next resort visit.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Spending a week at this resort was quite a lovely experience! The staff members are extremely courteous and there is always a concierge more than willing to help you out with anything from finding dinner reservations to booking tickets to an event or tour. Parking is done by way of valet, and Bluegreen owners will receive a discounted daily rate.

The room was quite clean and cozy, it looks as if it must have been recently renovated. Sometimes it can get a little damp, but one would expect that being right on the ocean. The beach is right outside, and a heated pool and hot tub are available if desired. A beach volley ball court and giant chess set are available outside. A small, yet adequate, fitness room is located on the ground floor.

There are some fun shops and restaurants within walking distance, but you will likely need your car or a taxi if you'd like to spend the day at South Beach or in the downtown. Coupons for local attractions are available from the concierge. A great place to stay while in the Miami area!

Room Tip: Rooms located closer to the east side of the building will have a better balcony view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ToonFootball9

Hello ToonFootball9,

Thank you for reviewing your week-long stay at Solara Surfside. We are delighted that you had a lovely experience at the resort. We appreciate your compliments regarding the staff and accommodations as we aim to share happiness with all of our guests and provide outstanding service. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to the Miami area.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I originally booked into a studio through timeshare exchange; a friend chose to join me for a couple days at the last minute so at check-in I asked if we could switch to a one bedroom or anything larger to have a little more space and sleep privacy. The Front Desk gave me a flat no without even looking; couldn't she at least look? I was very disappointed; I'd hoped because (as I mentioned to her) I am a Bluegreen Owner (affiliated w/Solara) she would at least make an effort to LOOK; other guests have been accommodated. Not the best start to my visit.

I did not find the front desk or concierge to be especially helpful or friendly. Parking runs $6/day for owners, $12/day for guests, valet available. all parking is underground. Soda and snack machines available, no restaurant on-site or in area, must drive to anything; shops, restaurants, entertainment, etc.

Unit was immaculate and had all new appliances, furniture and the carpeting seems new as well. The unit was well-lit and walls were sound-proof; our unit was next to the elevator, and we could not hear a sound. Unfortunately we had a unit with no view (called partial view but no view really).

Nice (small) pool and a whirlpool, the beach was wonderful, clean and quiet, great walking path in front of the beach and comfortable hammocks for lounging. Cabana boy would pull chairs and small table out for you. I used the small exercise room, unfortunately the equipment is worn, some equipment is missing pieces and the mats are dirty, the exercise room itself was clean. There are sanitary wipes, television and a water dispenser for use.

Although I was very happy with the resort's cleanliness and updates I would not stay here again because there was nothing within walking distance (as the concierge confirmed). As a solo female traveler I did not want to drive every time I wanted to shop, eat or be entertained.

I would recommend this resort to others, well-managed.

Room Tip: Wish I had asked if I had a balcony or view before I booked, partial view was no view, stayed in room 702.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MiaVal

Hello MiaVal,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Solara Surfside. We are delighted you enjoyed the accommodations, pool, and beach. We regret that we were not able to fulfill your request for a room move. We thank you for the recommendation and look forward to welcoming you on your next resort visit.