“BEST BEACH VACATION EVER!!!”

Solara Surfside Resort
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Surfside
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Our stay was from 5/18/13 to 5/25/2013. We are new Blue Green owners. I can not say enough about how great ths property & staff are. From check in with Junior to valet parking with Fredy to concierge with Joseph our experience was above & beyond our expectations. We stayed in a 1BR condo with side view. The view was spectacular even from the side. The condo was VERY spacious with 2 full bathrooms. The ocean was gorgeous...the waves were perfect and the water soooo clear. It looked just like the Caribbean. While the property was quiet, EACH & EVERY EMPLOYEE we encountered was very helpful & polite. The hospitality we were shown was paramount! The rooms were very clean. DVD & flat screen TV with DVD rental available in lobby. W/D located on odd floors were convenient-kitchen was perfect. Beach service was nice with complimentary chairs & cushions-umbrellas available for $10 a day rental. Pool & hot tub also very nice! Very beautiful clean picnic/grill area on property on way to beach-very beautiful lush well manicured landscape.The property is directly on beach with a very short easy walk to beach. We did go out for supper a couple nights -there is no onsight retaurant but there are several local restaurants that deliver (Moncheese has excellent pizza/wing/service) our concierge gave us several options which was very nice & relaxing. Very safe area in Miami! Highly recommend! I hope all of my Blue Green experiences are like this but they have big shoes to fill! My husband, my teenage daughter & myself would choose this property again without a second thought!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank julieatrip

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful week. We are Bluegreen owners and had never stayed at this resort. Loved the resort and our room. The grounds were nice, pool, hot tub, and there was an area that you could barbecue and play volleyball. Staff was friendly. Parking Valet Hillardio was excellent. I would recommend to anyone. Right on the beach. We had a wonderful view from our balcony. Nice walking path along the beach. Walked every morning. Close to Miami, Fort, Lauderdale, and Everglades. Town is quaint. See the Turtle Statues before 1/1/14 on each corner. Flanigans bar/resturant is very close and has excellent food and drink specials.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room. Ours was on the 6th floor side view. The only balcony rooms that actually...
1  Thank Barb E
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I take several weekend getaways per year at this resort and we are always pleased with quality of the resort and the staff. The staff is small and because of that it is a very personal feeling you get when visiting. Morris on the night shift has been checking us in for as long back as I can remember and it is always great to see him and he remembers us each time we arrive which makes us feel special.
The valet guys are fantastic too and work very hard.
I really can't say enough about the level of customer service. They are just outstanding at what they do.
This is by far one of my favorite Bluegreen Resorts.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Doctasunshine
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I just spent this past weekend at the Solara and we loved every minute of it. If you want all of the extreme amenities and luxuries, then this is not the place for you, but if you want a quaint, quiet little place with amazing views, then this is it. Our room was clean nicely decorated, large enough for just the two of us. The staff was awesome and all very courteous. I don't think we met one rude person. The Solara has a beach chair service, so when you go out to the beach, you give the gentleman your name and room number and he sets up loungers and an umbrella if you want it. As a Sampler 24 owner, after our visit with this facility, we decided to go ahead and buy. Sales staff was fantastic. I couldn't possibly say anymore about how great everyone was here. Will go back for sure!! A couple of other things that don't have anything to do with the resort, if you don't have your own car, be prepared to walk. There isn't a lot of shopping or restaurants close to the hotel, you have to walk down to the 9500 block and the resort is on the 8800 block. There is a nice beach walking path that you can walk though....also beware that the Adventura Mall does NOT open until 12 noon on Sunday!!

Room Tip: This facility only has about 60 rooms and not all of them have balconies, so if you want one, you sh...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bjcaz88
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I, were on February and everything was amazing.
We stayed at a One Bedroom, 2 Bathrooms suite.
Great views, great services, great room.
Just steps from the beach, a great pool and a rest area.
Valet Parking just for $6, coffee and water are free.
We definitely recommend this place

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank APK2013
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My Husband and I along with friends stayed at The Solara Resort last week. Great place! Clean, very well decorated. Just Steps from the Ocean, it is charming and relaxing. We stayed in a smaller room with a King bed with a fold out couch and it was plenty of room for 4 adults. The sofa sleeper is plenty big for 2 average sized adults and was actually comfortable! The staff was so helpful and friendly. They have a great area with gas grills and picnic tables that are free for you to use. Great for families as well, with many activities for the kids to partake in. If we ever go back to Miami without a doubt this will be where we stay!! Oh and they have different kind of goodies in the lobby everyday coffee/lemonwater/cookies/ snacks as an added bonus!

Room Tip: Southside rooms or poolside view are the best view the other side basically looks directly at anothe...
1  Thank Trina79
Reviewed April 24, 2013

we had a great big appartement with,a full size kitchen 1and a half bath a balcony that you could see the ocean and the intercoastal.,big walk-in closet.real king size bed,two flat screen tv.
direct access to the beach.
A very friendly staff eager to help you to make your stay better. thank you for this great week

1  Thank tcmontreal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfside
Grand Beach Hotel Surfside
#4 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Sea View Hotel
Sea View Hotel
#3 of 5 in Bal Harbour

Been to Solara Surfside Resort? Share your experiences!