“Dinner was OK, not great.”

Peyton's Place Restaurant and Tavern
Ranked #43 of 240 Restaurants in Sunrise
Cuisines: American
Flushing, New York
“Dinner was OK, not great.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Few entree choices, nothing simple, like grilled salmon. No one else having dinner should be a clue, but I was too tired to go out. Tuna sushi was good. Salad had huge amount of dressing and too heavy on the vinegar.

Hotel room service is way overpriced with mandatory 22% tip on top of service fee and menu is the same as in the restaurant.

Visited June 2013

Sarasota, Florida
“Restaurant within the Doubletree Hilton”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Breakfast buffet was well presented with good variety! Best part of our hotel stay. Attempted to eat dinner here the evening prior to the concert we were attending and unfortunately, the wait after ordering our food exceed 1 hour and we were unable to stay! Felt bad leaving however concert was due to start.....I'm sure it would have been fine had the service been adequate.

Visited June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent hotel dining”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I only had breakfast here, but I could not ask for a more attentive & courteous staff. Breakfast was excellent.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ksmith79
New Richmond, Wisconsin
“Rule #1: I Don't Eat At My Hotel Restaurant”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stay 150+ nights a year and have a rule that I don't like to eat in the hotel restaurant. They are overpriced and filled with the same conversation you hear at every other business hotel bar. Blah blah blah, I sold this, I went there, I am platinum, I get upgrades, I am drunk, etc. You know what I am talking about!

On this night, Florida was experiencing one of the epic thunderstorms where rain is more like a waterfall. My rule was suddenly out the window and into the river of rainwater. I was a little concerned that the bartender was also the server. I was also a little bummed that 2 of the items I would have ordered trying to stay healthy were 86ed from the menu...sold out.

In the end, I got a different item, cooked special without butters, oils and seasoned perfectly. My veggies and boiled red potatoes were excellent and the single employee handled the tables and bar like a seasoned pro. Oh, and the price while a little higher, was worth every penny and not terribly overpriced. I am actually looking forward to eating at Peyton's on my next stay at this hotel!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank orr333
Sao Paulo, SP
“Great food and service”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Service was great!!! Food beautifully presented and delicious. On Staurday nights... Karaoke, lots of fun

Visited January 2013