“Really really good sub”

Louie K's Club Sandwich
Ranked #170 of 239 Restaurants in Sunrise
Cuisines: Soups
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I pulled up at noon on a Monday and there wasn't one car parked outside. Hmmm could these reviews be wrong? I walk in and there are two people inside (not eating) and it's alittle dark. I admit I didn't read any reviews so I didn't know the concept was a nightclub. No cars out front, low lighting, two people inside, I'm getting a little apprehensive about eating here. I walk up to the counter and this guy, the owner Louis, tells me to grab the order sheet. He explains how to place my order. As I'm filling out my order I notice that the place is spotless. I order a medium turkey and Roast beef on wheat bread. I add some cheese and some fixings and proceed to watch Louis make my sandwich. Hand sliced Thurman Meat with the sub roll cut in half. He stacks the meat on both sides of the bread. As he wraps it up the phone rings. He checks the caller ID and lets it ring. It was then I noticed this dude is working by himself. I asked, you work by yourself? He replies yes. a one man sub shop? Never seen that before. I'm thinking damn it must get crazy in here during rush. He hands me my sub in a bag and this thing is heavy. Thinking my water bottle was adding to the weight I take it out of the bag and boy if the weight Ain't just the sub. I'm impressed. I had some small talk with Louis, we shook hands and I left.

Before I continue, LaSpadas is #1 for cold sub making in Broward. I'm a native here and I speak the truth. With that said, Louis K's is darn good. Reminds me of a sub shop named Six Bits that used to be in Pompano and Oakland Park in the 80's. Six Bits is long gone but this place is it's hot looking sister. Probably the cold best sub I've had outside of LaSpadas or Subalicious. The fact that this dude Louis works solo is nothing short of amazing. The construction of the sub is a thing of beauty too, I highly recommend this place.

There are newer reviews for Louie K's Club Sandwich

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was looking for a quick place to eat for lunch and came across this restaurant. Upon entering the music isn't too loud but louder then you would expect for a sub shop. The lights are dim with multiple black light lining the walls. The menu is simple. Pick your meat, cheese, bread, and toppings all from a check box type form. The sandwiches can be done as a wrap, pressed toasted. The guy behind the counter (who I believe was the owner from the pictures on the wall) was very nice. The sandwich was great. I had the roast beef with provolone and about 10 toppings. It has wonderful flavor and I had a difficult time finishing it. The sandwich with the drink and chips was just over 10$ with tax. It is a great deal for a great sandwich.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

Ever wanted to get a great sandwich with great meat and toppings at a very reasonable price? This is the place to go. Since all subs are made to order, if you plan to take out, you may want to fax in order. Subs are made to order from the order form that you fill out so sometimes it takes a few minutes for each sub. Everything is super fresh and they use Boar's Head meats. Hot subs and cold subs and they also do platters for parties. They have a variety of bread choices, meat and cheese choices and topping choices. It is a one man operation and the local law enforcement eats there so I figure it is not only safe but also good. Once in the door, grab a pencil and order form and get to work. Follow the directions and complete the order then hand it in. There are a few round high top tables to eat at or wait at. NO CREDIT CARDS. Cash only but there is an ATM machine inside and small discount given if you use the machine. If you want a chip and sandwich combo, there is a good variety of chips and sodas are cold from the soda case. This is a very simple restaurant mostly for takeout but it is a great place to get a good quick meal. i don't think they are open on Sundays and they may only be open for lunch as well. Give it a try....you won't be disappointed!