“Yummy Empanadas Arepas and Cachitos”

Don Pan Sawgrass Incorporated
Ranked #2 of 9 Bakeries in Sunrise
Reviewed November 10, 2015

The most delicious Empanadas, Cachitos and Arepas in Florida. You will not leave hungry. This bakery is the best. Tons of sweets to eat too. I go to Don Pan almost every day I am vacationing in Florida it's so good.

1  Thank RickyHanson

Reviewed July 25, 2015

My sister lives in the area and I had heard about this place several years ago but had never stopped in. I had to pick up dessert for a luncheon and decided to pick some up from Don Pan. So glad I did, everything was so good. I opted for the single desserts and and sampled 8 of the most popular ones. Tried the Fruit Tartaleta, Brazo Gitano, Diplomatic, Cheese Cake, Charlotte, Moka and the Prince. The favorite was the Moka, it was so moist and the hint of coffee was just right. They also have cakes and sandwiches for both breakfast and lunch. The menu was really nice and it seems to have something for everyone. Next time we'll try if for breakfast or lunch.

1  Thank PurpleLady2
Reviewed March 1, 2015

We go to Don Pan many times a week for cafe con leche and colada. We always stop by on the weekend for breakfast and coffee. I ordered a wonderful cake for my husbands birthday. They are very reasonably priced and have great selection! They are always busy in the morning so allow time if you are running by before work!

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Every time I'm in south Florida I always stop by here for a bite. Empanadas fantastico! Fresh pastries, perfecto cafe con leche. If you have never had venesuellan food, you are
missing out. My favorite is the beef empanadas. They are packed with flavor and not spicy, they look like American turnovers. They also have a huge selection of pasteries and other meat and chicken filled arepas(white cornbread shaped like an English muffin ) , and sandwiches ( kind of like a crescent roll filled with meat and cheese) and empanadas. There is a nice seating area. My kids enjoyed the food and picking out a pastry from the huge selection. I highly recommend.

1  Thank SandyAmanda
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to Don Pan since my office moved to Sunrise, 4 years ago.

Yummy ang big sandwiches: my fav is "carne mechada" (shederred beef). You can share half with somebody. Is big.

Arepas are good too, specially the tuna one. Desserts are awesome. I love the dulce de leche 1000 layers (milhoja de dulce de leche).

I buy the French bread to take home.

But the best of all is the customer service you will receive from the ladies that work there. That is the main reason I go back every week. Mercedes, the store manager and Carmencita are totally a huge asset to this place.

1  Thank mejiruiz