“Sold beds that they did not even have.....”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Arrived after midnight expecting a king bed with microwave and refrigerator. Surprise!!! A full bed awaited us. When questioned, the young lady at the desk explained that ALL of the beds in their property were full beds and she did discount the room. Sadly, that did not take away from the bare bones, uncomfortable room that we were assigned.

I checked the website today and king beds are STILL being offered. I had suggested to the front desk that they update their information with La Quinta, but to no avail.

This was especially disappointing because a stay 2 months ago in Bonita Springs was so great that I switched from my usual company, Marriott, to La Quinta. Big mistake!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is the second time we stayed at this property when we were in town for a hockey game. The room was very clean and had plenty of space and a refrigerator. The breakfast was plentiful with hot waffles, cereal, bagels, etc. We stayed in a nonsmoking room on the 3rd floor and there was no smell of smoke. We did not hear the elevator or any noise at night and the place was booked full! I would stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I really like this hotel. If you have a car, the hotel is 5 minutes drive from sawgrass mall and 20 minutes to the beach. At night you can walk to IKEA's budget cafeteria. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are very good, the complementary breakfast is nice. The WIFI works in the room. We have a new tv plasma and an almost new microwave. My only complain is the man at the front desk during the morning. He could be a little more nice. He pays too much time talking on the phone to pay attention to the guests.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights within a week. The first room we had was on the 4th floor and was right next to the elevator. The whole floor smelled like smoke including my room! We called the front desk and complained and they offered to send someone to spray, the person never came. The elevator kept us up all night. The next morning we were awaken by the housekeepers slamming doors! The second time we stayed, the room was a little better except we stayed on the first floor right next to the men's restroom so every time they flushed we heard it! The walls are paper thin.The hotel is averagely clean, it's not a five star hotel, so I guess you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for five months while in Florida visiting and on Business. Overall I find the hotel very clean it's well-kept and maintained. The staff members such as the manager Pedro, Beth, Christian, Oscar, Erica and Natalie are very nice and professional and very helpful. Being here for so long I've got to know the house keepers and especially the Housekeeper named LaToya does a very good job at cleaning and providing guest services. And because I've been here so long I have been cleaning my own room but housekeeping does a good job of asking me what supplies I need for my room and always make sure that I'm taking care of. The hotel does offer cable TV & Wi-Fi Internet just wish they had more of a selection of cable channels. They do offer showtime. The TVs are flat screen Samsung LCD display with plug and play features. So that means you can plug in any of your devices. The rooms have a micro refrigerator microwave oven and coffee maker which is nice. There is also an iron and ironing board. Each room has self-controlled thermostat for the AC. I have stayed at many hotels as I've been fortunate enough to travel to every state in the United States and 33 other countries(so have stayed at a lot of hotels) and I have to say I cannot find any complaints with this hotel or staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank forexadvisorsllc
Reviewed January 27, 2014

After staying at many Laquinta hotels in Ft Lauderdale, this one stool out the best. Special reservation requests were done, the rooms were nice and the breakfast was the best of the Laquintas. I will be returning to this hotel. .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank donaldnyq
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Stayed here during an event at the Arena in town. Great rooms. Very comfortable, has mini-fridge and microwave, even coffee maker. TV was updated. Breakfast was okay. waffle maker, oatmeal packets, bread for toast, hard boiled eggs. Nothing to great but I have seen worse. Staff was very helpful in printing boarding passes as there is no business center or fitness center.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Andy G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunrise
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills
Sawgrass Grand Hotel and Suites Sports Complex
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Comfort Suites Weston  - Sawgrass Mills South

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise? Share your experiences!