“The Best Experience”

Sawgrass Grand Hotel and Suites Sports Complex
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise
Reviewed August 27, 2006

My sister and I stayed at the Las Palmas Hotel for 4 days. My experience at Las Palmas was a wonderful experience. The staff was extremely kind and made our stay very pleasant. Yolanda, the front desk clerk was kind and provided the best customer service. She made sure my sister and I were happy. Yolanda upgraded our room to a bigger suite and also gave us a complimentary coupon for drinks and appetizers. When the driver was unable to take us out, she called us a cab and followed up with the cab until he picked us up. Andre the manager provided us with the best customer service. We had a problem getting to the hotel from the airport, Andre asked us to take a cab and paid for half of the cab fare. The hotel was clean and beautiful. We also had the experience of speaking with Sharon the bartender. She was great and made the best drinks. The General Manager saw my sister and myself at the bar and had the bartender give us a complimentary drink on him. The hotel driver Marty was patient with us because we never knew where we were going. He helped by giving us places to visit. The staff treated us like royalty and made our stay extremely comfortable. I will recommend this hotel to everyone I know. Thank you Las Palmas for the best experience and we will see you next year.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Mimi9002
Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)

Pocono Summit ,PA
Reviewed July 7, 2006

My family and I arrived to the Las Palmas Suites/Hotel for a 5 day stay. On arrival i had some concerns. The Bell Hop was unavailable to help with our bags, nor were their any carts to carry our luggage to our room. The staff members stated they would look for it. We wanted for over 15 minutes, the cart was not found, we carried our luggage to our room, located way in the back. On arrival i also requested a rolling bed, I was told by the front desk, they would call Housekeeping, to see if one was available. and they would get back to me. I recieved no return call. The next day i called the front desk again. I was told, they were unaware i requested a bed.. She reassured me i would get the rolling bed that day. I finally recieved the rolling bed on Saturday the fourth day after checked in. Their was poor communication througout the staff. I also realized on arrival the hotel was being remodeled l. The outside patio was leaking from the rain, their was missing pieces from roof. It didn't look this way on the v- tour, on-line. Their was several other things i was very upset about during our stay, including the jacuzzi sign, (Hot Tub) when their was no Jacuzzi on site. After the remodeling this hotel will probaly be a nice place to stay, but they also need to improve customer service.

• Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 14, 2006

The Las Palmas (formerly known as Hilton and soon to be a Holiday Inn) is a great place for a good deal stay and meetings. We found the meeting room to be great and the service and food was delicious!! They are all very,very nice there, Although I spent the whole day at the hotel, I did not stay in any of the rooms. But I did make a list of the details I noticed:

Some good things I noticed about the hotel:
- Very friendly staff
- Very Clean Lobby with a nice bar and restuarant
- Has a nice pool with lots of lush gardening around it as well as many fountains
-Their are plenty of elevators around the hotel for easy acces to the upper flloors.
-AVIS Car Rental Center is there
-Very nice meeting rooms!
-Very good location
-Good workout room

Some Negative Things:
- Bad odor in the hallways (even on the upper floors)
- Lobby is very hot because the lobby has a big glass roof causing heat to come in
-Some rooms with balconies have no railing to them
-The SPA is an abandoned room on the 5th floor
-The Jacuzzi is also closed

In general, I thought Las Palmas is great for meetings and stays, and their staff is also very nice! Once it becomes a Holiday Inn I am sure it will defenetly become even better!
- God Bless

Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank Arielitoll
Reviewed June 1, 2006

I stayed at this Hotel the past 3 days and while previous reviews seem to dog it I thought it was a great deal on Expedia! Apparently it used to be a Hilton and new ownership has taken over. Although renovations have not taken place as yet I found the Hotel to have very friendly staff, i was upgraded on request to a suite. They provide a water and a snack in the room daily...FOR FREE!! Also on arrival there are cookies and punch in the lobby and I was given a voucher for a FREE drink!! Really nice touches....I will be back as the location is convenient to both the beaches and Sawgrass Mills Mall!

Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Homestead, FL
Reviewed May 28, 2006

I met a friend there who is a flight attendant and doing a layover in Ft. Lauderdale. In checking out how to get there from Homestead, I was a little nervous about the negative reviews. I found the room to be very nice, clean with a large bright bathroom, plenty of space and many, many outlets. I had to be someplace on Sunday morning so I had to get fully dressed, makeup, hair done, etc. instead of going right back home. It was nice having a lot of room, mirrors, outlets, etc. for 2 women to get ready to leave at the same time! They had bottled water and a snack waiting in the room, a really nice clean coffee maker (that I didn't feel I had to wash out first!) and the bathroom complimentary items were Crabtree and Evelyn and good quality- a real bonus! Two malls down the street, close to Sawgrass Mall and great restaurants near by. All in all, this was a great stay and I would choose this hotel if my husband and I were looking for a place to stay in the area. There was a printed card on the desk saying that the hotel is undergoing six million dollars in renovations. Perhaps we were lucky to get a renovated room and would explain some of the negative reviews.

Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 7, 2006

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel especially after reading the bad reviews. I would not have selected it based on the reviews but ended up with it because of hotwire. Driving in to the hotel is less than impressive. The parking lot is in disrepair as well as the entry canopy but once inside things change for the better. The suite room I received was in great shape. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank I_Travel_2_Much
Iowa
Reviewed March 26, 2006

Somewhere, Conrad Hilton must be spinning in his grave, because his name is attached to properties like this now. In his day, Hilton used to be a quality name. Not anymore. Staying at this hotel was a miserable experience. What a dump. Opening a drawer, it fell onto the floor. The closet wouldn't open. Staff told me that between hurricanes Wilma, katrina and Hugo they have been booked solid for a long, long while - so, I suppose, why bother fixing or maintaining anything if they're going to be sold out anyway? If you have any other hotel options, take them and avoid this place.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunrise
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Comfort Suites Sawgrass
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
3 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise

Been to Sawgrass Grand Hotel and Suites Sports Complex? Share your experiences!