“Don't miss this one!”

Uncle Lui's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Lui's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 240 Restaurants in Sunrise
Cuisines: German, Hungarian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: University Drive
Description: Uncle Lui’s offers family-style dining that crisscrosses Europe. German and Hungarian dishes like goulash and schnitzel are on the menu, as are items like roast duck, chowders and homemade apple strudel. The friendly service adds to the appeal, as do the wallet-friendly prices.
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Great food, fast and efficient service, HUGE portions (expect to have takeout), and very reasonable prices! I had hunter sniezel which was done perfectly. Everything is homemade, from soups to deserts. I can't wait to return to this family run, neighborhood place. I suggest you make reservations because the restaurant is fairly small and people eat at a leisurely pace here. I rated the bar scene as excellent, not because of its bar, but because I did not want to downgrade the place in any way, it is that good.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My wife and I recently ate at this restaurant for our 10th year anniversary and what a surprise. If you are looking for a fine restaurant for Hungarian style food this is the place to go. The quality of food and service is fantastic. All dishes are homemade and a lot of it..Come hungry because you are in for a treat....lot of food at reasonable prices . Great menu .Will definitely come back again

1  Thank WINNMAX
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Uncle Lui's is an exceptionally fine restaurant. From the quality of the food to its fine preparation. every visit has been a pleasure. It is quite a trip for us to get there, but we make the trip a number of times a year, every year. I cannot imagine anyone being disappointed. In fact, everyone to whom we have recommended Uncle Lui's, has thanked us profusely for doing so.
Peter B. Martin

2  Thank pbm222
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My mother and I went to Uncle Lui's for the first time this evening. Uncle Lui's is a Hungarian style family owned and ran business. They have been in business for twelve years. Everything they serve is homemade with the exception of two of the four desserts on their menu. I read all of the great reviews and decided it was time to try it myself. We were greeted with a friendly smile. We were given potato pancakes and bread as an appetizer. We ordered the Hunter Schnitzel and the Veal Gulash. This came with either a soup or salad. I had the cauliflower soup and my mother had the salad with a homemade house dressing. Both were delicious. The meals come in very large portions. We thoroughly enjoyed both dishes and highly recommend trying them. They both were made with veal. I believe I preferred the Veal Gulash a little more because the veal was so tender it broke apart very easy, although they both were delicious. We brought half of our plates home as left overs. Our meals also included desserts. We picked Crepe (palacrinta) and the Apple Strudel. Every bite of food we put in our mouths was delicious at this restaurant. We will be back. I recommended trying this if you have not already.

3  Thank Suzanna E
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I almost always finish my meal - not here. Start by bringing rolls and potatoe latkes. Followed by soup (corn chowder). I had hunter schnitzel and my wife had veal cordon bleu. HUGE pieces of veal on both platters along with spaetzel, red cabbage and creamed spinach. Had to take half of the food home. Server provided containers without even asking. When asked if we wanted dessert we told the server we had no more room. He stated that the dessert also came with the meal - so we took home apple strudel and an apricot crepe. Have never gotten so much food for such a reasonable price. The usual German restaurant atmosphere with pleasant service. Totally satisfied and will return on next visit.

5  Thank 30hotrod