“Worth the Effort” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Lux Cafe

Grand Lux Cafe
Ranked #2 of 231 Restaurants in Sunrise
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Worth the Effort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Located at Sawgrass Mills Mall, so parking is not so easy, but if you need to drop someone off, they do have a drop off/pick up lane. Our server was terrific until he was given more tables than he could handle at one time..then we didn't see him again until we flagged him down. Still, the Edamame and Eggplant Fritters were unique to GLC and very delicious. Beignets for dessert were not Cafe DuMonde but wonderful nonetheless. I'm not a bread eater, but the sourdough bread on the table was soft, fragrant and tasted terrific.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Boca Raton, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“mixed feelings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

if I went with first impressions, I would have left immediately! after being greeted by a could care less hostess whose only words to me were name?...how Many?...stand over there we'll call your name! I felt like I was in time out until the seating hostess came. she said nothing but seated us in and enclosed outside area. the racket by the staff moving the heavy iron chairs and tables as well as the crashing of dishes by the bussing staff really was pushing me toward leaving.

Finally, our waitress came to the table and began the upswing in our visit. her quick and prompt service and explanation of the menu smoothed things. the menu was extensive with tastes for all palates and desires. the service and the food were of excellent quality (although the clatter of the rest of the staff as they cleared tables and rearranged the furniture continued even as we were leaving were I was bull horned out of the way of some on carrying chairs to a new configuration in the maze of tables.) Dessert and Cappuccino saved the day.

I will probably return knowing that the food experience outweighed the environment.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bob B
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great place!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is worth a visit!! Great food, great service and reasonable prices. Would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
cristinascott
“Good restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

They have a killer chicken & muchroom soup, (every day but fridays) great pastas, salads & wonderful desserts! my favorite are their beignets, & upside down pinneaple cake.
Parking can be a little painful right now because of sawgrass contruction but worth the aggravaion for the food!
Portions are huge & the service is good.

Visited February 2013
“Can't get enough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have eaten dinner,lunch,breakfast at Gran Lux Cafe I can never get enough. The menu is extensive I have eaten at top rated restaurants in Miami and this place can go against any.the service is second to none food is incredible and dessert closes the show. I am a food lover and if you love great food and a nice place stop and eat here.

• Visited December 2012