“wonderful food and family enviorment”
Review of Rio Vista Isle Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sunrise, Florida, United States
“wonderful food and family enviorment”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

the food is wonderful,this is a family owned business so each time I have been there they treat you like you are eating at their home.

Visited December 2011

Tamarac, FL
“mmmmmmm, I wonder if I still can get a table for tonight”
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Rio Vista is one of our "go to" restaurants - local, friendly, family run (dad, a Dane, is the chef, mom runs the front, and the kids who were in a playpen when we first discovered this place are now college students who alternate between being roll servers and wait staff). By the second or third time back, everyone knows your name - and actually addresses you by name. Great food, a passable wine list, and always hot, freshly baked rolls, with unusually good and different soups. My favorites for the main course are the duck and the St. Peter's fish but the schnitzel frequently gets my attention. The veggies which go with are deftly and perfectly prepared. Oh - and if you love good coffee, make sure to order some. -- Check the blackboard for the daily treat (if it says duck, don't even look at the menu - just order the duck - you won't be sorry). The early dinner is an all inclusive steal but the ala carte menu does not break the bank. Rio Vista is small and intimate so reservations are a must. Attire is casual but skip the jeans. --- mmmmmmm, I wonder if I still can get a table for tonight.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank minidoc
Plantation, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“enjoyable”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I read the bad reviews on this web site but was recommended by several friends. My partner and I went with 4 friends and found it a delightful evening! We were greeted warmly, food was great and the service was personal. It is hard to find really well perpared food at reasonable prices these days. We will definitley visit again. Why do you put negative reviews first?

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank terri s
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Poor Management”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

My friends and I had been to Rio Vista many times and found it to be well worth the money. Unfortunately, we had a bad experience where our food came out terrible and we needed to send it back. We do not live in Fl. and we went back a year later and the owner was rude and very obnoxious to us. They had an early bird special from 4:30 to 6:00 pm. We got there at 5:50 and there were two open tables. She asked us if we had a reservation and we said "no". She preceeded to wait to 6:01 to seat us and in our menus was the early bird specials. We had no intention of ordering from this menu but she came over to us and said we were not entitled to it as it was not 6:05. She also told us that if we ordered the lamb chops and they did not come out the way we like them we were stuck with them. Her attitude was terrible and she brought up our experience from last year when the lamb was horrible. We ordered it anyway and and told her we would never come back because she was rude and not very nice. She should have said, "Hi, nice to see you again" but instead went out of her way to let us know that she did not want our business. When we left we told her she would never see us again and we would make sure we did not recommend this place to any of our friends.

• Visited February 2011
4 Thank pokerjo
Weston
“disgusted”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

The owner is a very arrogant, nasty and rude woman, we will never go back there and we were steady patrons of this restaurant. NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!

• Visited February 2011