“Overpriced, average food, poor service”
Review of Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe
Ranked #5 of 240 Restaurants in Sunrise
Cuisines: American, Asian, Caribbean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2012

While visiting Sawgrass Mills Malls, I remembered a very fun meal we had at a Rainforest Cafe many years ago. I did not even know they were still in business, as I had not seen one in my travels recently.

I made the stupid decision to eat there that night. The food was average, nothing special at all, and very expensive for what you got. The service was terrible. It took a long time to get our meals and a long time to flag down our waitress to get drink refills. When I finally got my meal, the vegetables were stone cold. When I found the waitress, she did bring a new plate full of hot vegetables which were very good.

In summary, this was a very expensive and not very enjoyable meal.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Third visit to Sawgrass Mills and to this restaurant. No-one to direct you to a table. Asked a staff member if we could sit in the bar area and he said to go around and wait to be seated. We went around and a staff said that we could just go and find a table. There were several tables but had dirty plates and glasses - we cleared the table and sat down and then we waited about 10 minutes for someone to come and take our order. The girls had the burger and chips (they got salted bagged chips). I had the chimichacha - rather tasteless and greasy. Husband has the pork chops which he enjoyed. Had a mojito which hardly had any mint however we got a free Rainforest mojito glass when we paid the bill which wasn't cheap either! Don't think we will be back - there are other choices at Sawgrass and we will try them if we are back there

Reviewed September 22, 2012

A must see if you are in Saw Grass Mall. Theme restaurant, lights go on and off, lions, elephants, gorillas and birds move in the bushes making sounds. Service is excellent.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This place is so unique. My six year old daughter loved the food and play area. A must see if you are in the saw grass mills mall

1  Thank melinda w
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Amazing decor everywhere you turn. Several large fishtanks filled with unique fish. All over the restaurant they have animal replicas of lions, elephants, gorillas, birds. Every ten mins the animal replicas "come to life" by moving around and making noises. Wed night is kid's night so kid's meals are only $3.99 each which is amazing. Geat gift shop too.