“Wonderful pizza variation”

Ranked #7 of 260 Restaurants in Sunrise
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2018

First, I want to say my husband is Italian. That means I love real Italian pizza. But, I have to say, the California Pizza Kitchen has a very tasty pizza variation. I mean, if you are expecting traditional pizza, this is not the place. However, the creative way they prepare their pizzas, ends up being very tasty and very enjoyable to your mouth. I liked it very much! :)

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Went on a Sawgrass Mills shopping trip with two teen grandkids on Tuesday. At around 12:30 we were all starving and decided to try California Pizza Kitchen for a quick lunch. The restaurant was doing a moderate business and it took several minutes before a server came to our table. It was several more minutes before our drinks and bread basket were delivered to us. We placed our order and waited some more. In fact we requested two more baskets of bread to tide us through the wait. As for the food, the taste was okay. My Kung Po Chicken pasta was very tasty although the portion was too small for the price. My wife said her Shrimp Scampi Zucchini and pasta was good but again too small a portion for the price. The kids each had the lunch special consisting of a personal pizza with a small salad. They enjoyed their meals and the price and portion size seemed reasonable. The dining room itself was very noisy. Between the loud music playing in the background and the loud guests at the tables, it was hard to communicate across out table. What we hoped would be a quick lunch took over an hour. They need to work on the slow service.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

It is not a cheap pizza joint, but you will never get your dollar value from it. There is hardly any dinning atmosphere, service is fair, food quality is not as expected. I personal don't like this restaurant, there is a lot of better pizza than this California pizza kitchen. You can tell from how busy is this restaurant during the rush hour. What else can I tell you? Yes, make a left turn to it's next door restaurant!

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Good customer service from everybody starting from the hostess, bar and waitress.
Love the churrasco pizza. Very original and good flavors.
We ordered the Thai rolls as appetizer. A lot and good.

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

The place is nice, and the food is very good, but the waiting time for food is insane. And tables are not so comfortable for being seated for an hour and a half